Do you still get take out?

• Yes, we get take out

Votes: 178 88.6%
  • No, we do not get take out

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters

proud_canadian

DIS Veteran
We haven't got take out since mid-March due to the pandemic and we have felt it is safer to avoid taking the chance. You never know what happens in the kitchen! As more things open up, we're wondering if we're being overly paranoid and it may be a good time to re-introduce take out. Thoughts?

I haven’t bought take out or delivery either. I have been wanting pizza, and even got to the payment page before I decided not to. But I don’t generally eat out unless I am on vacation.

If you are getting food items that can be reheated, you should be fine. I would still be a little concerned about cold sandwiches and salads in my area. A lot depends on how much virus is in your area, so you may be fine there too.

I have nearly everyday. I never cooked much before and chose not to start lol. Food was never really suggested as a vector for covid, in fact, it’s been actively stated since the beginning that it shouldn’t be a concern.

I’m glad to have been supporting local restaurants and restaurants trying to keep some staff on during this. Contactless delivery/pickup has made everything so easy. So many restaurants added pickup/delivery so it’s been awesome getting delivery from restaurants that I rarely get to go to because of location.

Even getting basics from the grocery store has been hit or miss so it seemed like an annoying time to start cooking. The only thing I’ve been able to get consistency and suuuuper cheap for some reason is blackberries. I guess they must’ve had too many 🤷‍♀️ But on an average grocery order maybe 30% is actually available.

We've been getting takeout somewhat regularly. We have been getting hot items and I do transfer them out of their packaging and onto plates with tongs, then wash my hands before we eat. I agree that the CDC has said that the risk of transfer in food is minimal (although they've changed what they know before, so...). But, quite frankly, I just can't face cooking 3x day, 7 days per week.

Yes, even more so now. It took us awhile to feel comfortable in the beginning so I think we did it twice in 7 weeks. In the last 3, we’ve done it 4 times and are again tonight. We do try to pick local places over chains so we support small business.

We were getting carry out up until the indoor/outdoor dining reopened. Now, we feel with more, new, different people around the kitchen and dining rooms, larger chance of virus spread so better to stay away for the time being.

We have gotten take out approximately once every week to ten days - more as a mental health break than anything.

I also want to help the small businesses in our area though so since we aren't going out as often, I gave some money to a local group that is paying small restaurants to make and deliver food to essential workers and/or those in need.

If you are concerned about the kitchen you should never go out to eat. Takeout or dining in the result would be the same.

This confuses me. Did you momentarily forget about COVID 19? People who aren't eating takeout during the pandemic aren't dining in either. Right now eating out still is not an option in many areas.

We haven't got take out since mid-March due to the pandemic and we have felt it is safer to avoid taking the chance. You never know what happens in the kitchen! As more things open up, we're wondering if we're being overly paranoid and it may be a good time to re-introduce take out. Thoughts?
I understand your concerns and we have eaten most of our meals at home as is our norm unless it's vacation time or we just feel like treating ourselves.

I think for us we've eaten takeout 3 or 4 times since January or February. Do what makes you feel comfortably. New research's data seems to state takeout is pretty safe as long as you reheat the food. Scientists are now saying that there is no need to have a cleaning protocol for the takeout containers and bags which is fine by me since I never did it anyway, LOL.

I understand your concerns and we have eaten most of our meals at home as is our norm unless it's vacation time or we just feel like treating ourselves.

I think for us we've eaten takeout 3 or 4 times since January or February. Do what makes you feel comfortably. New research's data seems to state takeout is pretty safe as long as you reheat the food. Scientists are now saying that there is no need to have a cleaning protocol for the takeout containers and bags which is fine by me since I never did it anyway, LOL.

I haven’t seen the research about needing to reheat food. Do you mind sharing a link for that?

Twice a week since the pandemic started. We choose to support our local mom and pop business. We used to dine in once a week and get pizza take out once a week. I sure hope this small business and many other small businesses survive this pandemic.

edited a typo

I've been getting take out about every couple of weeks. We don't normally eat out much anyway.

Yes. Trying to go with local restaurants and ordering direct so that they don't get hit with any delivery app fees.

We even got dim sum this week.

This confuses me. Did you momentarily forget about COVID 19? People who aren't eating takeout during the pandemic aren't dining in either. Right now eating out still is not an option in many areas.

Sorry I should be more clear. There are bad things going on in the kitchen even before COVID. You risk of contracting the illness based on workers in the kitchen isn't different for people dining in versus getting the food delivered. Also isn't a bigger risk what is going on in the meat packing plants with many people getting sick?

I've been out far less, but occasionally I've been doing it since that's the only way to get a restaurant meal around here these days.

The biggest danger isn't with food. There's no indication that transmission occurs through food. Even the worry about hard surfaces may be insignificant. The biggest issue would be person to person transmission if someone might sneeze or just spray spittle.

I'm kind of torn though on how to do it. We've gone to McDonald's a few times and I'm not sure the best way to order. I can order online and then have it delivered to my car in the parking lot, or just go in, especially if I want to pay with cash. If I pay with cash that's one more contact source though. If I just order online and pick up inside, they leave it at the counter and walk away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!