Are you still getting take-out?

Do you still get take out?

• Yes, we get take out

Votes: 178 88.6%
  • No, we do not get take out

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
We've been getting take-out about twice a week since the shelter-in-place order began. Unfortunately, we have not had good luck with the delivery services (Door Dash and Uber Eats). There's usually something missing from the order, either entire entrees or condiments, salad dressing, etc. It got frustrating. Now we look for restaurants that offer curb-side pick up. At least that way we can check through the order and make corrections while we're still there.

The last time we got a delivery was particularly weird. I usually just pass the laptop around for everyone to read the menu and put in their order, so I don't always know exactly what's coming. The delivery guy showed up and handed me a bag of food, plus a milkshake in a cup (no bag, just handed me the cup). I assumed one of my boys ordered it so I took it. As we started taking out the food, we realized that no one ordered a milkshake and my side salad was missing. The delivery came back to the door with another bag and said, "Sorry, this is also for you but the milkshake is not." So I took the salad and gave the milkshake back.

I'm pretty sure he had multiple orders to deliver from that restaurant. He probably took the milkshake to the person who ordered it. The disturbing part is that he handed it to me. I took it to my kitchen. I opened the lid and look to see what it was. DS also opened the lid. By the time we determined that none of us ordered it, it had been in our kitchen for a few minutes and multiple people had touched it. When you think about it, you really don't know where your food has been and who has touched it. At least with curbside pick-up it goes from the kitchen to your car. I would love to support the delivery services, but we've had too many issues with them. Another time we added a sourdough loaf to an order from a sandwich shop. The delivery guy brought it in a paper bag with the end of the loaf sticking out. This is how the shop usually packages their loaves, but it's kind of gross to think it was lying on his car seat or he might have touched or even sneezed on it. I cut off about a third of the loaf and tossed it. Last week we just did an online order from the place and picked it up.
I’m new to the delivery services but so far everything I’ve ordered has been sealed up tight by the place I’ve ordered it from. Like I have to bust out the scissors to get into them. Surprisingly my orders have thus far been correct every time which is good because they’re long gone by the time I open them. We just have the orders put on the bench by the front door and they either ring the bell or text me though my pup lets me know they’re walking up to the door.

We get takeout twice a week at local places we either dined at before all this or did takeout from. No problems. The people working there adhere to the guidelines and the food is fine. Now I am looking forward to eating at our favorites in the next month or so.

We went out to dinner (sit-down) and it was great! So nice to get back to normal! We've done takeout every week, too. The reports are that the virus is not easily transmissable from surfaces. We are in NC.

We went out to dinner (sit-down) and it was great! So nice to get back to normal! We've done takeout every week, too. The reports are that the virus is not easily transmissable from surfaces. We are in NC.
I'm curious about North Carolina. A friend from Facebook posts all sorts of birthday party pictures etc. including a kindergarten graduation that happened last week with little caps and gowns and no social distancing at all. Is this common there? Such a night and day difference from here - I assumed they were just being idiots until I saw the graduation pictures that are clearly more than just their family/friends. Maybe it was a private kindergarten that was breaking the rules?

We have gotten pizza twice since mid-March. I prefer to cook. We are saving a lot of money.

Twice a week to support local and because I hate to cook since March. We transfer to regular plates when home. By ordering in advance Very little contact. We have been sheltering and have no qualms with takeout. I’ve felt good supporting local as I worry so many of them won’t bounce back.

our restaurants are open (SC) and you won’t catch me dining in. I will wait a month to see how it goes as my state has opened warp speed with little science backing it. my son is dreaming of when we feel safe enough for his favorite place - hibachi cooking at table.

I'm curious about North Carolina. A friend from Facebook posts all sorts of birthday party pictures etc. including a kindergarten graduation that happened last week with little caps and gowns and no social distancing at all. Is this common there? Such a night and day difference from here - I assumed they were just being idiots until I saw the graduation pictures that are clearly more than just their family/friends. Maybe it was a private kindergarten that was breaking the rules?
They just had their highest one day increase in cases according to CNN.

Didn't get to go shopping today -- busy repainting our bedroom (ok, mostly my wife...but I am helping). So I picked up pizza from our favorite place.

I haven't heard about that, but I think there are crazy people everywhere. I'm in one of the cities, and people have been following the stay-at-home order (which was removed yesterday and allowed the opening of non-essential businesses, including restaurants for sit-down dining.

Sure are. We aren't planning to eat inside a restaurant or on a public patio for at least another month but we want to give business to the local places we want to still be here when this is all over. We do mostly cook ourselves but try to get takeout maybe 3 or 4 times a week total split between the three meals of the day.

Sure are. We aren't planning to eat inside a restaurant or on a public patio for at least another month but we want to give business to the local places we want to still be here when this is all over. We do mostly cook ourselves but try to get takeout maybe 3 or 4 times a week total split between the three meals of the day.
We've dined on the patio and it was really nice. Very socially distanced and beautiful weather (although maybe too hot for some). I feel comfortable with the current recommended precautions

Done takeout for dinner twice a week & lunch once a week at local spots since restaurants shut down. Dinner is hot food but lunch is usually old hoagies We transfer it on to our own plates .But I have done that for decades. I used to have paper plates at work to place my food.
I usually only eat out of the container/ wrapper if I eating at a fast-food restaurant or in my car. We also take lunch, either Chick-fil-A or Wendy's, to my Mom's once a week. Again eating on her plates.

Yes. We are getting takeout but DH saw for one place, no one was wearing gloves or masks in the kitchen and said no more from there. Also no one stayed at one area to work.

Just for a break from cooking and to support our favorite local places, we started getting takeout about once a week after about 6 weeks of lockdown.

We nixes two places, though, after one visit each because they didn’t seem to be taking any precautions.

We went cherry picking today and there was a Chili's nearby. I got a $50 gift card for myself in advance, and it came with a $10 bonus, although it can only be used once per order (they had earlier special I missed out on where one can get two $10 bonuses). I did a dry run and saw that they didn't accept gift card orders directly for "curbside" delivery, only credit/debit cards. For that it was only carryout, and the gift card would be presented to the employee at the vehicle.

I wasn't quite sure of this when we got there. They painted numbers on the parking spots although there was nothing indicating why. They had small tables set up with signs mentioning the sale of alcoholic beverages on serving trays. I flagged down the employee bringing orders to cars and he said they weren't accepting cash - only credit and gift cards, and that I had to do an online or mobile order. That wasn't a problem with my phone. Once I made the order, he asked my name and took my printout of my eGift card(s). It was a little bit odd because the bonus was separate and I printed that and the regular eGift card on opposite sides. They had no problem with it, but made me sign for it later on a couple of credit card style receipts.

Overall the process was kind of odd.

Later I tried to get some coffee at a McDonald's, but their dining room was completely closed and they didn't even do "curbside" so I had to order and pick up at a the drive-thru. This seems to be something different at each franchise location.

I've gotten take out / to-go
What makes you think so?
Not who you quoted but for me it is sitting in a room with several strangers for an hour or more. Unlike shopping in a store where I am constantly moving and not in contact with the same people for an extended period of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter