Are you still getting take-out?

Do you still get take out?

• Yes, we get take out

Votes: 178 88.6%
  • No, we do not get take out

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
I've gotten take out / to-go

Not who you quoted but for me it is sitting in a room with several strangers for an hour or more. Unlike shopping in a store where I am constantly moving and not in contact with the same people for an extended period of time.
The restaurants here are operating at a severely reduced capacity. So when you’re seated you aren’t very close to anyone. Now is a great time to go because so many are afraid to go. We went out for our son’s delayed birthday dinner this week and were one of 3 groups in the whole restaurant. We were the only people in our section. Not sure how long they can afford to be in business that way but it’s a good time to be there.

The restaurants here are operating at a severely reduced capacity.
Restaurants here just got the okay to open with "limitations." Most won't open until next week because they have to go through a certification process before they can.

But also of consideration is the fact that other than the employees no one will be wearing a mask because you can't eat/drink with one on. And of course the fact the A/C has been shown to recirculate the virus that might be in the air.

Personally I won't be dinning in for a while. But that isn't much different that normal for me. Other than the breweries I go to for lunch every few weeks I get take out/to-go and eat at home.

Last edited:
I haven't heard about that, but I think there are crazy people everywhere. I'm in one of the cities, and people have been following the stay-at-home order (which was removed yesterday and allowed the opening of non-essential businesses, including restaurants for sit-down dining.

That's what I was assuming - that they just didn't "believe in" the coronavirus being dangerous. Then I saw the picture with a dozen little kids sitting all grouped together for a picture in little caps and gowns! They live in a very small town, so they might just consider themselves all quarantined together I guess.

I've gotten take out / to-go

Not who you quoted but for me it is sitting in a room with several strangers for an hour or more. Unlike shopping in a store where I am constantly moving and not in contact with the same people for an extended period of time.
If personal distancing is observed, I don't see how it would be of greater risk. As hard as everyone tries, I've not been in a grocery store yet where there wasn't at least a time or two when someone got closer than 6' to me.

The restaurants here are operating at a severely reduced capacity. So when you’re seated you aren’t very close to anyone. Now is a great time to go because so many are afraid to go. We went out for our son’s delayed birthday dinner this week and were one of 3 groups in the whole restaurant. We were the only people in our section. Not sure how long they can afford to be in business that way but it’s a good time to be there.
I think it should help for some of the business with the passed ordinances in KCMO (and Leawood is also one) that allow parking lots and parking spaces to be converted to outdoor dining in specific areas like other places are doing. Downtown did that closing off 14th street off (but allowing passthroughs at certain intersections). P&L District is able to use the interior area for those restaurants to spread out outside; though we'll see how much outside business occurs once the heat and humidity sets in around here.

But no doubt they will still struggle especially the ones that can't shift enough business outside or can't get the people to get in. I hope though not to hear of too many casualities :( There are places that realistically can't continue to do only delivery or curbside (if they even did that to begin with). I've known multiple places that just couldn't do the delivery or curbside so they closed entirely. I hope they can come back though.

Happy to hear you guys were able to get that birthday celebration!

I think it should help for some of the business with the passed ordinances in KCMO (and Leawood is also one) that allow parking lots and parking spaces to be converted to outdoor dining in specific areas like other places are doing. Downtown did that closing off 14th street off (but allowing passthroughs at certain intersections). P&L District is able to use the interior area for those restaurants to spread out outside; though we'll see how much outside business occurs once the heat and humidity sets in around here.

But no doubt they will still struggle especially the ones that can't shift enough business outside or can't get the people to get in. I hope though not to hear of too many casualities :( There are places that realistically can't continue to do only delivery or curbside (if they even did that to begin with). I've known multiple places that just couldn't do the delivery or curbside so they closed entirely. I hope they can come back though.

Happy to hear you guys were able to get that birthday celebration!
We actually just got back from Columbia. Took our other son for his delayed birthday dinner there. (Both of them had birthdays in the last 2 months). Watching the weather later in the week after Thursday when Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza opens. Looking forward to a delayed Mother's Day lunch sitting on the patio!

We actually just got back from Columbia. Took our other son for his delayed birthday dinner there. (Both of them had birthdays in the last 2 months). Watching the weather later in the week after Thursday when Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza opens. Looking forward to a delayed Mother's Day lunch sitting on the patio!
Come on in! I work for the chain that you mentioned. I started back to work on Thursday and before going to work I was a little uneasy about returning. I have been staying at home and doing my part to flatten the curve. I like in Georgia and our restaurants were able to open up, long before our store did. Why? Because they wanted to make sure that they had procedures and policies in place to keep everyone safe before they opened back up. Trust we when I say they were very thorough. What I would like everyone to know is dining has changed. Your dining experience is going to take a little while longer. Before we were able to just hop from table to table and consolidate our steps. Now we change our gloves in between guests. I hope that we can find another way to do this because I feel so wasteful doing that, but I understand that it is just another level of protection. We are grateful that people are coming out and supporting us. So, please if you feel comfortable coming out, go eat at a local restaurant. It makes my day to see some of the regular guests coming in that I haven’t seen in several months. We miss you, too!

Question - are you washing your hands after you take the "used" gloves off and putting new ones on?
Yes, every time. We also have a message every 15/20 minutes that pops up to remind us to wash our hands. The expo calls it out and everyone stops what their doing and washes their hands and changes their gloves. We have a new dedicated station next to the sink for this purpose. We were taught how to properly wash our hands and turn off the sink. Then the correct way to put on and take off the gloves. When I say that my restaurant is taking every precaution trust me they are. We want everyone to be safe!

I only get takeout from one place, where I can see the kitchen and have been getting food there a LONG time before hand. They also have strict policies in place and have a table system set up for pickup, where you don't ever come within 6 ft of someone. I am in NYC suburbs so things are pretty strict.

Yes, every time. We also have a message every 15/20 minutes that pops up to remind us to wash our hands. The expo calls it out and everyone stops what their doing and washes their hands and changes their gloves. We have a new dedicated station next to the sink for this purpose. We were taught how to properly wash our hands and turn off the sink. Then the correct way to put on and take off the gloves. When I say that my restaurant is taking every precaution trust me they are. We want everyone to be safe!
This is awesome. I wish all restaurants would follow such thorough precautionary measures.

A friend on facebook posted a picture of her family out eating sushi last night. She was very excited to be out for the first time, rightfully so. She posted a picture of the smiling sushi chefs behind the counter. None of them had on gloves. And, no, they were not wearing clear ones because I zoomed in to see out of sheer shock. Texas is nuts, y'all.

I really, really want to get take out at this point. We haven't done it yet. As much as I want to do it, my kid is high risk so I just can't bring myself to trust the safety of it. I feel like I will be cooking every meal forever and it's super depressing.

We had been doing about 3 times a week. But then I started getting Hello Fresh again so now its like 2 days a week.

What has everyone been tipping? At first we were doing our fave local places and tipping 20% to try and help out. But we can't do that for 3 months so we're now tipping like 10-15%.

My sister bought DH and I a Quarter Pounder with cheese last Friday. We're still alive to talk about it but my DH inhaled his like it was Thanksgiving dinner....kinda hurt my feelings. I've been making all kinds of (I thought) yummy foods in Quarantine. :rolleyes:

What has everyone been tipping? At first we were doing our fave local places and tipping 20% to try and help out. But we can't do that for 3 months so we're now tipping like 10-15%.
I've been tipping as though I were eating out. When we ate out at the places we are getting takeout from, our bill cost more, because there were drinks involved too (and I don't mean Pepsi). I'm tipping a minimum of 20% but if it's an atypically small bill for us for that location (one in particular that's just down the road where pre-covid we went weekly and ate dinner at the bar in the restaurant and are known by the servers) I will overtip because it's not their fault I'm not running up as high a bill. There are only 2 of us though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter