Are you usually

I'll go with late, but I'm rarely ever the last person to arrive anywhere. I hate being early and sitting around waiting for something to happen.

So you’d rather everyone else sat around and waited for you?

So you’d rather everyone else sat around and waited for you?
Honestly, that never happens. Events DO NOT start 5 or 10 minutes early - they just don't. And I can't remember the last time anybody actually waited for me for anything. What kind of things are you talking about where you end up sitting around waiting for people? :confused: Not hypothetials; I mean real examples of when this happens to you.

Honestly, that never happens. Events DO NOT start 5 or 10 minutes early - they just don't. And I can't remember the last time anybody actually waited for me for anything. What kind of things are you talking about where you end up sitting around waiting for people? :confused: Not hypothetials; I mean real examples of when this happens to you.

Daycare meeting, work when we were training, and dinner with my family last night are all within the last few weeks.

Do you not believe that people have to sit around and wait on people who are late? You sound pretty defensive and I wasn’t necessarily singling you out.

Being late every once in a while is acceptable, sometimes things just happen that you can’t control. But being late as a habit? Not cool.

Always early. My dad always said if you aren’t 15 minuets, you are late, and I took it to heart.

My DH is the same way. Me on time never super early. Although if Dr appointment I call to see how late they are running, my time is valuable too. So I adjust.

If it’s just me, I’m always early, but I’m guessing that most people who are chronically late won’t admit it.

If I’m with my husband we are always late, and I’m always stressed and cross. He was always bad but he has got far worse as he has got older. He doesn’t drive, so always underestimates how long a drive will take. Usually he is right, but only because I end up having to drive faster than I would like in order to make up the time.:furious:

His entire family runs late - it is common for family members to be running an hour late to dinners and events. My brother-in-law and I, both married in, are the only ones who run on time. It’s incredibly stressful.

My DH is the same way. Me on time never super early. Although if Dr appointment I call to see how late they are running, my time is valuable too. So I adjust.
I always try for the first appointment of the day so I don’t have to wait. My dentist will just automatically schedule the first appointment and the doctor will give me the closest they have.

I'm generally always early, but will usually wait in the car and not go into somewhere until the exact time.

My mother is ALWAYS late for things, so that has made me super aware of being on time.

Early. It’s gotten tougher since having kids, but we do our best. My husbands family is always late when they come to us. And always with an excuse. It’s incredibly frustrating.

If it's just me, a little bit early or right on time.

If DS is involved, on time or a tiny bit late.

If DH is involved, total crap shoot! - He's the type who means to be early, and we frequently are. But if he's running too early, he gets involved in something else and we end up late instead. There is no "right on time" involved. :laughing:

Last edited:
I'm always early.

I thought it was funny that so many people here have answered the same, but then I realized that the DIS tends to attract natural planners.

I REALLY dislike it when people are late. I know "stuff" happens, but "stuff" seems to happen much more often for some than for others. Maybe, they're just not managing their "stuff." And I hate going to a meeting or event when the host says something like, "Let's just wait for any late arrivals." No! Let's shut the doors and start on time, and hopefully the late arrivals won't be too disruptive when they finally show up. End rant...

Daycare meeting, work when we were training, and dinner with my family last night are all within the last few weeks.

Do you not believe that people have to sit around and wait on people who are late? You sound pretty defensive and I wasn’t necessarily singling you out.

Being late every once in a while is acceptable, sometimes things just happen that you can’t control. But being late as a habit? Not cool.
:rolleyes: Of course you were - you quoted me. Fairly aggressively for such a light topic actually. What did you expect me to say? “Yes, I absolutely believe everybody should sit around waiting for me.”?

And maybe we have a different definition of “late”, since some on this thread apparently believe if one is not early they are late. I’m talking about a margin of a few minutes - maybe 5? If you find yourself arriving early places and sitting there resenting people, maybe save yourself some trouble and don’t go so early. I conduct a lot of meetings at my own office (for which I’m always there on-time :teeth: ) but if the other participants are early, I have them held in reception until the agreed-upon time. Their “wait” is on them.

Last edited:
Sadly, we are generally on time or late. I always have at least the 2 year old with me and she is very independent some days and can't do anything for herself other days so I never know how much time to plan for getting her ready. And even when I have her ready and out the door on time, one of the other 2 kiddos loses a shoe or forgot a water bottle or has to go to the bathroom. I have started saying we need to be there 15 minutes earlier than we actually do and that has helped some. We need to work on organization in general in our house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!