Are you usually

For casual events, I like to be on time. But sometimes I am a few minutes late. Never super late though. I showed up early to a couple events and got put to work. Lesson learned. ;)

Generally early, but sometimes it just can't be helped especially with 3 kids and lots of obligations. So I have learned to be more gracious and to be less anxious about it.

Really depends, I’m usually on time or early but since my wife’s family live just over an hour away we’re often late for get togethers with them usually due to traffic that occurs during the times they like to meet up.

:rolleyes: Of course you were - you quoted me. Fairly aggressively for such a light topic actually. What did you expect me to say? “Yes, I absolutely believe everybody should sit around waiting for me.”?

And maybe we have a different definition of “late”, since some on this thread apparently believe if one is not early they are late. I’m talking about a margin of a few minutes - maybe 5? If you find yourself arriving early places and sitting there resenting people, maybe save yourself some trouble and don’t go so early. I conduct a lot of meetings at my own office (for which I’m always there on-time :teeth: ) but if the other participants are early, I have them held in reception until the agreed-upon time. Their “wait” is on them.

Aggressive? Not meant that way at all. I outed you because yours caught my eye, but others have said they run late as well.

I do agree, when I’m early, that time is mine to own and I do, but, if a meeting or get together is supposed to start at 6.00 and people are still wandering in at 6.05 you are late.

I agree with the pp, lets stop ‘waiting a few more minutes for the stragglers’.

Right on time if not 5 min early. I can't stand to be late, not even 5 min.

I had a relative that was always told the starting time was earlier than it actually was so that they would not be late and hold everyone else up.

Aggressive? Not meant that way at all. I outed you because yours caught my eye, but others have said they run late as well.

I do agree, when I’m early, that time is mine to own and I do, but, if a meeting or get together is supposed to start at 6.00 and people are still wandering in at 6.05 you are late.

I agree with the pp, lets stop ‘waiting a few more minutes for the stragglers’.
::yes:: This is a good policy; nobody who's late expects it. And as for a get together, seriously - how can 5 minutes be a hardship for anybody? As far as I'm concerned, if I'm invited to somebody's home for something, it's actually rude to arrive early.

::yes:: This is a good policy; nobody who's late expects it. And as for a get together, seriously - how can 5 minutes actually be a hardship for anybody? As far as I'm concerned, if I'm invited to somebody's home for something, it's actually rude to arrive early.

It wasn’t a huge deal but we were waiting to eat..it was the birthday boy who was late so we could hardly start without him. You asked for examples, I provided them.

I am always early or on time. With work meetings, I expect people to arrive early or on time. It really peeves me when people arrive late, because then I end up having to repeat myself.
The reasons people are late is that their previous meeting ran late.

For kid birthday parties especially those at a party place with a specific start and end time, I arrive a few minutes early. When I am the host, I get anxious when the guests are not there on time.
One time for my son’s party, a kid arrived so late, the party was nearly over.

It wasn’t a huge deal but we were waiting to eat..it was the birthday boy who was late so we could hardly start without him. You asked for examples, I provided them.
For 5 minutes? It's a legit example, but when an invitation is issued for, let's say a dinner-type party at 6:00, is the food ready to go on the plates precisely at 6:00? That is totally not my experience either hosting or attending that sort of event. This type of thing is quite different (IMO only, I guess) than a business meeting or professional appointment, or arriving at the theater, or meeting a friend at a coffee shop.

For 5 minutes? It's a legit example, but when an invitation is issued for, let's say a dinner-type party at 6:00, is the food ready to go on the plates precisely at 6:00? That is totally not my experience either hosting or attending that sort of event. This type of thing is quite different (IMO only, I guess) than a business meeting or professional appointment, or arriving at the theater, or meeting a friend at a coffee shop.

No, the get together started around 4:30-5:00 with 6:00 as the start of supper. It wasn’t a huge deal but again, it was a recent example.

I'm always late. If it is just me I am usually on time. Once the kids or husband are thrown in the mix, 5-15 mins always. I will work my schedule constantly to try to be on time with my kids, but something always happens. It frustrates me so much.

I had a relative that was always told the starting time was earlier than it actually was so that they would not be late and hold everyone else up.

My mom arrives so extremely early that I tell my family we should tell Grandma that the event starts 30 minutes later than it does.

She was 45 minutes early for my son's engagement party at the future in laws.:headache:

Nothing like getting a text from son when she arrived and then immediately apologizing to the hosts as I arrived. :crazy2:

Generally early. However, the majority of my family and extended family runs on Irish time.

When my grandparents were younger the clocks I. Their house would always be at minimum, 5 mins fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter