Ariel's Grotto Question

slp87

DIS Veteran
We will be at CA on Sunday 11/20 and are thinking about eating lunch at Ariel's, but haven't made reservations. Do we need them or will we be able to walk up and get seated?? I was also wondering about the prices...I didn't see them listed in the restaurant guide.

Ariel's is very popular now because it is a character meal with the princesses. Priority Seating is highly recommended, especially on weekends. There is always a chance of getting a table same day, but you would probably have to wait a while.

I don't know of the prices. Last time I went, before the princesses, lunch was a fixed price of $14.99 and included soup or salad, entreee and dessert.

The Disney website says $10-$20 per person, but doesn't give an actual price. It would be nice to know ahead of time, but my daughter will love this so much that we just booked it anyway.

Maybe someone else can help us both out with the cost.

You will need a Priority Seating! I ate there last month and I accidentally arrived on the wrong day at my time of 1:30. They were turning people away at the podium. When we arrived the next day at 1:30 (our real date/time) they were also turning people away. Interestingly enough, I would say that almost half of the restaurant was empty. I don't know if it's because the pricesses can't get to that many people or if they were undersatffed in another way.

We saw Ariel (in her dress), Mulan, Snow White, Belle and Jasmine.

We did the Princess lunch there on my daughter's birthday in September and it was $20 for me and $13 for her. The food was good. We had PS reservations which I would highly recommend as we did not have to wait at all.

It's the same price for lunch or dinner:

$13.99 for kids

$20.99 for adults

robinb said:
You will need a Priority Seating! I ate there last month and I accidentally arrived on the wrong day at my time of 1:30. They were turning people away at the podium. When we arrived the next day at 1:30 (our real date/time) they were also turning people away. Interestingly enough, I would say that almost half of the restaurant was empty. I don't know if it's because the pricesses can't get to that many people or if they were undersatffed in another way.

We saw Ariel (in her dress), Mulan, Snow White, Belle and Jasmine.

so I have to ask, in the picture on your post your daughter has a doll with ears, where did you get the ears for the doll, my daughter would love that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter