Arrival time at John Wayne Airport

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
We will be flying out at 8:50 pm on a Friday and I am wondering what time we should leave DL in order to return our rental car, check our luggage, and get through security. Would 6:30 be soon enough?

I would think leaving at 6:30 would be fine. I can't remember ever having much of a line at check-in or at Security at John Wayne (can't say the same for LAX). I would think getting to the airport an hour before your departure would be good enough. Add 1/2 hour travel time and 1/2 hour for car rental checkin, both probably conservative estimates. (I must admit though, I've never rented a car at John Wayne; is the car-rental on-sight? ) You might check the web site for the airline you are flying to see if they have any recommendations for check-in times, but it sounds to me that you've allowed plenty of time.

You're fine with leaving at 6:30.

I'm notorious for leaving late. I've left at 2:00 trying to catch a 3:15 flight. Yes, that's extreme, but we made it to the flight, even had to gas up the rental and return it. I guess all I'm trying to say is leaving 2 1/2 hours before your flight will give you plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter