Arriving around midnight

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
Not going to WDW, but on a cruise and arriving at MCO around midnight on June 10, with cruise leaving June 12. We wanted a day to possible go to Kennedy Space Center and/or beach, so doing that on the 11th. At this point I'm thinking I'll rent a car (one way), I know some but not all car rental companies are open 24/7. I guess I'm just looking for any tips or advice on getting there so late, and the best place to rent from. Also, since we technically have 2 nights before the cruise, would it make more sense at that hour to get a room close to the airport for the first night, and then drive over to the cruise port area and stay there the 2nd night? Part of me thinks just driving to the port area right away would be best, thus only having to unpack once before the cruise. I'm guessing that won't get us to a hotel until close to 2 AM? I've never checked into a hotel at that time, but I'm guessing it's not a problem. Not my ideal flight, but it leaves after work, therefore one less vacation day I have to use up.

The airport rental car locations are pretty much 24/7 so just take your pick from all the majors that are on airport property. I would just drive to the port area rather than try to stay at two different hotels.

Just let the hotel know you have a early moring check in, our dumb hotel thought we didnt show up and released our room.. try driving around Orlando at 3am.

I would look at how long you are going to be traveling before you land and how long it is going to be that you are going to be awake. Then ask yourself do I know for sure that I am going to be safe to drive a distance in an area that I am unfamiliar with. If your taking an evening flight in order to work the day that you leave remember to factor in the time that you are awake prior to getting on the plane. I would not figure on being able to get significant sleep on a plane. Personally unless it was a case of a short up to 4 hour direct flight and I was taking that particular one because it had the best price and I had a lifestyle that I could sleep later or take a nap in the afternoon that day I would stay somewhere closer to the airport and then make an hour drive the next day. Remember to factor in are you going to be able to basically get your luggage, get the rental car, and drive in physical comfort or after being on the plane are you going to need more than that hour or so at the airport to be able to walk around and stretch. While you can figure that you will be able to walk around on the plane at some point having experienced a 5 hour flight that between the plane getting up to where the pilot could turn off the fasten seat belt sign, the snack and beverage service carts in the aisle, turbulance, and the pilot having to turn the fasten seat belt sign so we could land there were 2 periods of 30 and 45 minutes that it was safe to get up and go use the restroom that entire flight. Getting on ME was enough there is no way that I could drive and I have done days of 10 plus hours of driving over long distances.

I agree with the PP, the easiest and safest (but maybe not cheapest) way to go is stay the first night at the Hyatt-MCO.

I would like to stay at the Hyatt but the price is really steep for what will amount to a very short time. We'll see.

In regards to a long flight and being tired, it's less than a 2.5 hour direct flight so I'm not too worried about that, but I also hate for the kids to fall asleep in the car and have to haul them up again and check into a hotel.

Thanks everyone for the input!

I would directly call the hotel late afternoon on the day of your flight, letting them you will be an extremely late check-in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!