Arriving at MCO late- what to do with luggage?

Alison S

Mouseketeer
Our WJ flight doesn't get in until.8 PM. My understanding is that I will get special tags in the mail that I can put on my checked luggage, so that Disney will pick it up for me and bring it to my hotel. Except it will not travel on the bus with me and could get there hours later (not so interested in getting it at midnight :) ).

Can I just not use the tags, pick up my own luggage and bring it on the bus with me?

Hi Hon
That is exactly what I do,,I don't put the tags on and just pick up the luggage myself then head to ME (Magical Express). The driver just puts your stuff under the bus until he drops you off at your hotel. I need my PJ's & toothbrush,,, and one time it was 1 am before we got our stuff.Lesson learned.
I do tip the driver for his services.
Have a great trp!
Hugs Mel

PS
in my signature is a link to my photobucket
look under Tip Envelopes page 2 has a couple of Magical Express ones that can be printed-folded glued and used.

I would agree. For an 8 pm arrival, don't use the tags and just pick up the luggage and bring it on the DME with you.

Last edited:

We just had two groups arriving at 7:45pm at different resorts on different days. In both cases our DME bags arrived at the resort just before midnight. Hard to get settled and ready for the next day when they arrive so late.

If you want to use the delivery service you can have them hold your bags until the next morning. It's very simple, use the yellow tags that DME will mail to you and then once you get to the resort you call luggage services from your room and ask them to hold the bags until morning. Just make sure that you have packed your carry on with everything you will need for the night.

Personally, I will never again have my bags delivered unless I'm arriving at MCO by 4pm at the latest. I had a horrible experience the last time I used the service. Previously I had used the service at least a dozen times without issue.

we don't use the tags. I prefer to get my bags myself from baggage claim and take them to Magical Express.

that way I know they made it to thee airport. If there are any issues with them (not making it, damage, things missing) I can address it with the airline while still at the airport. On non-Disney trips more than once I have had checked bags go on little adventures without me. I want to know they made it and everything is fine.

They will go on the bus with me which means I have them at the resort right away.

We usually arrive around 130 pm and are at the resort around 330 pm. Our room may not may not be ready. If it isn't ready I leave thee bags with Bell services until the room is ready.

SW

The only time we used the yellow tags was when we arrived early, before we could check in to our room. Our bags were in our rooms when we walked in. For the later arrivals we just picked them up and put them on the ME Bus.

We arrived just after 11am and our bags didn't show up until 6pm, so I definitely would NOT use the tags after 4pm myself either. Just treat it like any other airport trip. Get off the plain, go get your luggage, take it to MDE knowing you'll have what you need as soon as you arrive :)

I had always read it’s no problem if you get in before supper time. I made the mistake of believing them and didn’t get luggage until almost 1am after landing just after 4. I wouldn’t use it anytime after noon now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter