Art of Animation...getting a refurb??

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
I know POP got a refurb, and they're working on the AllStars, but what about AoA?

I would expect WoW to be last among the Values. It's just now approaching its return age ((recommended every 6-7 years), and I think the All Stars haven't been done in longer than that.

It would appear a bit of a refurb has started in the Finding Nemo Suites at least. There are a few photos on tripadvisor from a February 2019 review that show new flooring, paint, raised bed and curtains in the Nemo suite. I don't know if I'm allowed to copy the photos here. Also, Tim Tracker recently posted a video that shows the updated Nemo room. They must not be too far along, because there isn't much info our there about the refurb.

It would appear a bit of a refurb has started in the Finding Nemo Suites at least. There are a few photos on tripadvisor from a February 2019 review that show new flooring, paint, raised bed and curtains in the Nemo suite. I don't know if I'm allowed to copy the photos here. Also, Tim Tracker recently posted a video that shows the updated Nemo room. They must not be too far along, because there isn't much info our there about the refurb.

Most likely the pics a video are from test rooms. WDW resorts will usually mock up a couple test rooms about a year or so before every refurb to get feedback from the guests that stay in them.

I'd say at this point the refurb there would be minimal.
It is the newest value resort only being open since 2012 so it really shouldn't absolutely need an overhaul yet although even staying there in 2012 the rooms were not really up to my expectations anyways.
I would guess that they would be sure to finish all All Stars resorts before moving on to fully refurbing AOA.

What is the timeline for the AllStars to be finished, does anyone know? My son is looking at 2021 for AoA.

I am not sure when AS resorts will be done. I heard they stopped half way through the ASMo refurb for some reason.
Not sure what is going on with that project currently.
I highly doubt refurbs on AOA would be done by 2021 if they are even doing them at all.
As I said the resort is one of the newest on property and has only been open for 7 years come May I believe (even then LM rooms didn't open until I believe September 2012 and I stayed in them in November 2012).
Personally I'd recommend POP over AOA any day.

We stayed at POP and hated it, but our son may stay there with his family and we'd stay somewhere else. Everyone has different tastes!

Curious as to what you did not care for about POP?
If it was the rooms... have you stayed since the refurb?

Curious as to what you did not care for about POP?
If it was the rooms... have you stayed since the refurb?
The general theming was yuck for us. We had the "old" rooms but have since stayed at a refurbed room and we didn't care for that, so that would not have helped it's case for us. Really did not care for the food court/gift shop layout at ALL. I know AoA is probably the same, but the rooms look more fun and we will know going in to not bother with the food court/gift shop.

What is the timeline for the AllStars to be finished, does anyone know? My son is looking at 2021 for AoA.

No clear timeline right now. Movies is half done, they were supposed to finish in Feb 2019 but work halted last fall and hasn't started up again. Music was supposed to be next, then Sports. They've been really quiet about what, if anything, is happening going forward.

No clear timeline right now. Movies is half done, they were supposed to finish in Feb 2019 but work halted last fall and hasn't started up again. Music was supposed to be next, then Sports. They've been really quiet about what, if anything, is happening going forward.
Maybe they won't do them over to the new style. I hated the "new" rooms.

The general theming was yuck for us. We had the "old" rooms but have since stayed at a refurbed room and we didn't care for that, so that would not have helped it's case for us. Really did not care for the food court/gift shop layout at ALL. I know AoA is probably the same, but the rooms look more fun and we will know going in to not bother with the food court/gift shop.

The theme at AOA is fun but the rooms are not.
The rooms smell and the suites are extremely pricey.
Food court has good options but is insanely loud as there is no carpeting which makes it echo.
Yes you have the same general stet up.
But to each their own.

Not sure why.
The resort sat vacant for a long time before they did anything with it.
It really needed to be demolished and redone but it wasn't.
Ha! What do you think the rooms smell like? I was under the impression that the vacant mermaid buildings were just concrete shells when the project was abandoned.

Last trip, our room reeked of cigarette smoke - tried to figure out where it was coming from and honed in on the shower curtain! Someone must have smoked in the bathroom and it lingered in the fabric. We called mousekeeping and they brought a new curtain and liner. Never experienced bad smells before that, though.

Most likely the pics a video are from test rooms. WDW resorts will usually mock up a couple test rooms about a year or so before every refurb to get feedback from the guests that stay in them.

That makes sense that they are probably test rooms.

DD has been asking to stay at AOA again (we stayed in a LK suite when they were brand new). But, I’ve read reviews and have seen some pictures showing that the carpets need replacing badly. I’m leary of booking there until updated.

Looks much nicer. Too bad they left that beat up sofa!

AoA needs some work.
The interior hallways and carpet are in very poor condition and it left me with a bad impression of the resort.

We have a stay booked here in August. Originally was booked at CSR but we realized we wanted more space so we switched to AoA. Now I am seriously considering switching to a different resort again. So bummed the room discounts are over now. Our 2 year old will probably love the resort but I really wanted to stay moderate or deluxe and the junior suite upgrade at CSR was a lot more and it looked too much like a convention resort and didn’t feel ‘Disney’ enough. Is AoA that bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!