"Artisan" and "Hand-crafted". Slight Vent.

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Is anyone else annoyed with these words? Sargento Cheese claims they have "artisan cheese" that is "hand crafted". What the heck does that mean? I would rather have a sterile machine making my cheese than latex gloved hands whose wearers may have gotten an itchy nose while making my cheese. An add that said, "made by caring, sterile machines" would be much more appealing to me. I am also not big on "artisan bread". If its art work, should we eat it! :confused3

To me it signifies more of a "smaller batch/higher level of individual oversight" than a "personally hand made" status...

Watching the Food Network shows on how stuff is made has shown me just how many human hands are within reach of just about every food product at each stage -- certainly within sneezing distance, and generally without a sneeze guard! :scared1:

We passed a cofee place once that was advertising a "romantically blended" coffee. What the....does that mean? is the person blending the coffee thinking romantic thoughts, or what???

We passed a cofee place once that was advertising a "romantically blended" coffee. What the....does that mean? is the person blending the coffee thinking romantic thoughts, or what???

:rotfl2: Lets hope they were only thinking.

lmao "Artisan" and "hand-crafted" does not mean that machines or sterility were not used.

If I can get my cheese hand-crafted, I want it crafted in the shape of a hidden Mickey, please!

Is anyone else annoyed with these words? Sargento Cheese claims they have "artisan cheese" that is "hand crafted". What the heck does that mean? I would rather have a sterile machine making my cheese than latex gloved hands whose wearers may have gotten an itchy nose while making my cheese. An add that said, "made by caring, sterile machines" would be much more appealing to me. I am also not big on "artisan bread". If its art work, should we eat it! :confused3

I'd be careful about criticizing something you know nothing about, Dawn.

It means just what it says...the cheese is made by hand by people, not machines.

As said in the article above, it's about the quality of the cheese, not quantity...unlike Kraft. :rolleyes:

I feel the same way when foods at a restaurant or store are called "homemade" - things like pies or other baked goods. Is that supposed to reassure me?? I'm sure it doesn't mean that a worker or someone made the pies at their home and brought them back, but that's what it makes me think about :crazy2:.

I'd be careful about criticizing something you know nothing about, Dawn.

It means just what it says...the cheese is made by hand by people, not machines.

As said in the article above, it's about the quality of the cheese, not quantity...unlike Kraft. :rolleyes:

Obviously it was written tongue in cheek. I buy a lot of cheese and it gets bought as long as its on sale. The commercials are silly, and that is my point.

I feel the same way when foods at a restaurant or store are called "homemade" - things like pies or other baked goods. Is that supposed to reassure me?? I'm sure it doesn't mean that a worker or someone made the pies at their home and brought them back, but that's what it makes me think about :crazy2:.

Good point. Besides, if I wanted homemade, I would have stayed home and made it. :lmao:

Obviously it was written tongue in cheek. I buy a lot of cheese and it gets bought as long as its on sale. The commercials are silly, and that is my point.

Then I apologize. :)

Since my DH was one of the Research Scientists that helped develop the Artisan blends, I am a bit sensitive about it. ;)

Then I apologize. :)

Since my DH was one of the Research Scientists that helped develop the Artisan blends, I am a bit sensitive about it. ;)

I don't blame you. I would be sensitive too. All kidding aside, it is a great marketing strategy. :thumbsup2 I am ashamed to say I just bought two rectangles of pepper jack Cabot cheese, 2 for $5.

Has anyone given any thought to the phrase, "Heirloom tomatoes"? Imagine rotten tomatoes being handed down generation to generation through wills.
(I know, its just the seeds, ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter