As a theme park with rides, How is Sea World San Diego?

superdeluxe

Mouseketeer
I notice they have a fair amount of rides, but how is the experience? Do they have smaller rides for smaller children?

They do have quite a few rides for smaller children, just know that adults won't fit on many of them. They also have a fair number of roller coasters.

They have a kids ride area with several smaller rides. As an adult I was able to go on most of them.
I would not go to Sea World if your main intent is rides. It is not a ride park. It's main attractions are the various shows and aquariums with rides to fill in between. It's a great place, a lot of fun!

I went about a year ago. I thought the roller coasters were boring. And the lines were long (Saturday in October with trick or treating available). You’ll have a good time if you’re excited about the animals and shows and haven’t seen the Blackfish movie. But for rides you have better choices in SoCal.

You’ll have a good time if you’re excited about the animals and shows and haven’t seen the Blackfish movie.
Or if you have seen the Blackfish film, you were willing to do your own research and figure out that SeaWorld isn't really the evil empire the documentary portrays them as. Are they perfect? No, of course not, animals really should be out in the wild whenever possible and yes, there was a time when SeaWorld and other zoos and aquariums would actively try to capture animals and bring them into captivity in order to seek profit. But most modern zoos and aquariums, including SeaWorld only take animals from the wild when they won't survive in the wild, either due to injury, being hunted to the brink of extinction, etc. With the goal.of releasing them back into the wild whenever it is possible to do so safely and they can't be released back into the wild, then they get forever homes where they get top of the line medical care, a safe environment and fed well. For example, most of the Sea Otters that are at SeaWorld San Diego right now had contracted a disease and were rescued by the Monterey Bay Aquarium, once they were better, they checked with U.S. Fish and Wildlife about releasing them, but it turned out that the disease could continue to be passed on to other otters and they could end up decimating the wild population. The aquarium didn't have the resources to give them a home forever, So the they reached out to SeaWorld who are providing them.a home and they are helping to educate people about a magnificent animal and how we can do better at helping them

Does SeaWorld do things to make a profit? Yes, they have to, they are not a non profit organization, although they do have a non profit side that they also support and that non profit side is very important to help various animals that could very well go extinct without assistance that SeaWorld, Zoos and the like help.provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!