Asics running shoes

sramille

Mouseketeer
I've been shopping around for some new shoes for my upcoming Disney trip and I've run into a situation that I could use some help with....
I tried on a great pair of Asics. They were a size 8(womens) which is the size I usually get. These were a tad small and the store didn't have any 8.5s. I found ONE website that sells this style and they only have 8.5s in wide. They do sell 9s.
Today I tried on a different style of Asics in 8.5 and they were still a tad small. Now I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order the 9s from the website or look for a different shoe. I'm going in a month so my time is running out to break my new shoes in.
Does anyone have any experience with this company? Do they usually run small? How wide is wide?

I used to wear Asics all the time when I was running competitively. Last year I bought my first non-asics tennis shoe in like 15 years. The shoes i bought were a half-size smaller than all my asics have been. All my casual shoes have been that smaller size too. So maybe asics run a little small. As far as wides go, i'm not sure, but before I ordered the nine i might try to find a store with them in stock. Hope that helps.

My family and I all wear asics. We love them, they always fit great and are very comfortable. Also I don't have feet problems when I wear my Asics. I wear 1 size bigger in running shoes than my regular shoes.

I order my shoes from Road Runner Sports. Their number is 1-800-551-5558. All of their costomer service reps are competitive runners and are REALLY knowledgeable about running shoes and what you should order based on how you run (or walk), how much you weigh, how you wear your shoes out, and how much you run a week. I have been really happy with this company and their customer service.

If you are a member of My Points and use their link they offer free shipping. Only once have I had problems with shoes not fitting and they have shipped my a new pair of shoes free of charge.

They have a website www.roadrunnersports

This is probably too much information, but I love this company and I buy from them all the time. They are much more knowledgeable than any running or retail store I have ever been too.

I also love Asics. Feels like I'm walking on a thick layer of foam. I got mine at a local shoe outlet that discounts them. Do you have Kohls near you? If so, they often have Asics on sale.

Thank you so much for your replies. I went ahead and order the bigger size from shoes.com today. They were the ONLY company who carried this model in a size 9. I've never heard of them before, but they have free shipping for orders over $35 and looked like a respectable company so I thought it was worth a try.
I can't believe my luck...for weeks I couldn't find something I liked and then I find something and it's next to impossible to get!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter