Aspire Program

kc10family

DIS Veteran
Tell me about this program please. Is anyone in it and in your first or second year of college? How is the work/school balance? Any other thoughts you like to share?
Thank you

Tell me about this program please. Is anyone in it and in your first or second year of college? How is the work/school balance? Any other thoughts you like to share?
Thank you

I finished my Bachelor's degree while working full time with the previous tuition program Disney had. I have now started my Master's with the Aspire program. The work/school balance really depends on where you are working and the school schedule you decide to take. When I worked in the parks, my work hours were all over the place and I found it difficult to get into a routine and come up with a study schedule, but I have a lot of friends who are currently doing this -- and are successful. I've since transferred over into an office gig and I am finding it much easier.

The balance is really up to you, though. I took a lot of time off before finishing my degree, so I wanted to graduate as soon as possible and took a full-time course load while also working full-time. It was a lot. You have the option to take only one or two classes at a time though -- whatever is most comfortable with you.

I finished my Bachelor's degree while working full time with the previous tuition program Disney had. I have now started my Master's with the Aspire program. The work/school balance really depends on where you are working and the school schedule you decide to take. When I worked in the parks, my work hours were all over the place and I found it difficult to get into a routine and come up with a study schedule, but I have a lot of friends who are currently doing this -- and are successful. I've since transferred over into an office gig and I am finding it much easier.

The balance is really up to you, though. I took a lot of time off before finishing my degree, so I wanted to graduate as soon as possible and took a full-time course load while also working full-time. It was a lot. You have the option to take only one or two classes at a time though -- whatever is most comfortable with you.
Thank you mrsxsparrow, this was helpful. It sounds like it is dependent on where one works, the supervisor/ scheduler and school load. Are part time CM's allowed to participate in this program? I have googled the program but unless you are a current CM, you can't get much information on "the google" lol.

Thank you mrsxsparrow, this was helpful. It sounds like it is dependent on where one works, the supervisor/ scheduler and school load. Are part time CM's allowed to participate in this program? I have googled the program but unless you are a current CM, you can't get much information on "the google" lol.

Yep, both full- and part-time hourly employees are eligible for the program after 90 days of employment. If you have any other questions let me know -- it's a pretty awesome program for those who can take advantage of it.

Yep, both full- and part-time hourly employees are eligible for the program after 90 days of employment. If you have any other questions let me know -- it's a pretty awesome program for those who can take advantage of it.
Do you know if the Aspire program applies for non FL residents. Daughter is at UCF, but is from out of state, if she got a job at Disney would they cover any part of her tuition? We've heard conflicting information and can't access the Aspire website.

Do you know if the Aspire program applies for non FL residents. Daughter is at UCF, but is from out of state, if she got a job at Disney would they cover any part of her tuition? We've heard conflicting information and can't access the Aspire website.

As far as I know, the only requirement is that you work for Disney and that you've worked there for a minimum of 90 days. It shouldn't matter where you officially live. But since it does require full or part-time work -- not seasonal, college program, or internships -- it would be pretty difficult to not live in Florida. (Although Disneyland also participates -- but not sure if other Disney divisions participate)

Best of luck to your daughter. Let us know if she gets any good information.

Some of my daughter's friends do work part time- they have to work 3 days a week- typically Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They just have to give 3 days of availability. The thing we can't get answered is she is considered out of state for tuition purposes at UCF, because we (her parents) don't live in FL. So her tuition is much more expensive. We wonder whether Disney would cover the out of state tuition cost, or equal to the in state tuition cost- or nothing at all since she is not considered an in state resident. I know when the Aspire program started, out of state kids did not qualify- but they expanded some aspects of the program.

Some of my daughter's friends do work part time- they have to work 3 days a week- typically Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They just have to give 3 days of availability. The thing we can't get answered is she is considered out of state for tuition purposes at UCF, because we (her parents) don't live in FL. So her tuition is much more expensive. We wonder whether Disney would cover the out of state tuition cost, or equal to the in state tuition cost- or nothing at all since she is not considered an in state resident. I know when the Aspire program started, out of state kids did not qualify- but they expanded some aspects of the program.

I just went and double-checked... the only programs that require Florida residency are those offered through Valencia College.

I believe you do have to be a FL resident which requires a one-year residency, and time spent in DCP housing does not count towards the one year. My kid was DCP and looked into it. It's still a fantastic program!

I just went and double-checked... the only programs that require Florida residency are those offered through Valencia College.
I've heard that UCF requires residency as well. However, there are many online programs from other Universities that just wouldn't seem to require residency (ie Johnson & Wales, Purdue Global). Does anyone have further info on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!