"Associate" Membership

JWG

DIS Veteran
I was reading on another discussion forum about someone being an "Associate Member" on a DVC ownership.

His in-laws own the DVC and had his name added as an associate member extending member privileges to him. Has anyone else done this or can they elaborate on this feature/option?

If it's legitimate I'm interested to know. My parents are owners and we have future plans to transfer that ownership someday, but in the short-term I'm curious about this "associate" piece as we do occasionally visit without the folks and have not utilized the spa discounts and such as non-members (or any of those discounts that requrie a membership card and not just the key to the world card).

Thanks for any details!

Associates do not get a member ID card. They are not eligible for the AP discount or any other programs that go beyone the KTTW card.

The main thing that associates can do is call and make (change, cancel) reservations. DVC Member Services will treat an associate just like the member.

Associate Members do have the ability to make reservations and/or changes to existing reservations as well. They would only be eligible for the AP discount if they were also residing in the same home as the DVC Member. They will need to produce their drivers license/ID showing the same address as the member if purchasing the AP with DVC discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter