At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

Ah, my face is going to crack from the smiling. All the feels reading through your daily plans. :) I want to congratulate you for being prepared and having what looks to me like Dr. Pepper ready to go with you. I definitely approve! I also noted that you have specifically planned a ride for yourself on Space Mountain - yes! I remember what happened last year. You are getting it this time! And I love love love that you're planning to go back to Tomorrowland at night - might be my favorite place in all of WDW atmospherically. It even almost makes the Speedway bearable...almost.

See the EWP as much as you can, especially if you have a good view from your balcony. We watched it twice from our balcony at BLT last year and I was so glad we took the time to really see it early on because it was not done for the last part of our trip due to the tragedy with the little boy and the alligator. It feels special every time.

After that, it will be time for dinner:
pecobill_15-001-700x466-jpg.241084
YEAH Pecos Bills! I hope it is as good as you were hoping for!

Yay for another MK day! We have a memory maker this time and I didn't even think about blocking out time for it. I'm really excited about it though. Have you done it before? Any tips?
Yes, we had it last year and I didn't actually get very many photos comparatively to others who had it. So I said this year I would block out some time for it. Also, I didn't get the boys out of the stroller for the photos. And this year, I will. I'm really hoping to get some Christmas card photos out of the deal!

I love that you are hitting the People Mover multiple times (well at least the guys are). I think it is so underrated as a ride. Although, I'd like it to stay that way. If too many people became aware of how relaxing and enjoyable it is, it might be ruined.
Yes, I love it! If it works out, the guys will get 3 rides on it on that Tuesday and I will get two.

I'm really enjoying your "this time next week" updates! Keep 'em comin'!
Thanks!

I can't remember if you guys rode Jungle Cruise at night last year but it's lots of fun and I think a different "feel" than during the day.
We did not, but I wanted to make a point of it this time.

No bands, and I believe cash only. We use cash whenever we do it but I don't think you can use a cc.
Thanks for letting me know! Do you know how much it costs?

Ah, my face is going to crack from the smiling. All the feels reading through your daily plans.
I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

I want to congratulate you for being prepared and having what looks to me like Dr. Pepper ready to go with you. I definitely approve!
HAHA. Yep, Dr. Pepper for sure! It's my fave.

I also noted that you have specifically planned a ride for yourself on Space Mountain - yes! I remember what happened last year. You are getting it this time!
Yes, let's hope it all works out for this year since no one else wants to do it!

And I love love love that you're planning to go back to Tomorrowland at night - might be my favorite place in all of WDW atmospherically. It even almost makes the Speedway bearable...almost.
HAHA on the Speedway. Ya know I had to put it in there a few times since the rumor is it is going to be replaced.

See the EWP as much as you can, especially if you have a good view from your balcony. We watched it twice from our balcony at BLT last year and I was so glad we took the time to really see it early on because it was not done for the last part of our trip due to the tragedy with the little boy and the alligator. It feels special every time.
Will do! I mean, who even knows when we might get the opportunity to see it from our balcony again, right? I've seen it once before that I remember and that was when Mom and I went to WCC at WL for dinner.

YEAH Pecos Bills! I hope it is as good as you were hoping for!
Me, too! :)

This Time Next Week 6/7/2017
So this is our AK day!
Animal-Kingdom.jpg
Originally scheduled for Epcot but then realized we would be at AK later than Epcot, so I switched the day because we will want to be up early on Friday for MK EMH. Of course, you may have heard that AK opens no later than 8am every day of our trip so we couldn't avoid that, but we aren't planning to be there that early because of the late night at MK the night before. I am hoping to be there around 8:45ish...but we shall see how it works out.

First up, we will head to over to Adventurer's Outpost to meet Mickey and Minnie:
adventurers outpost.jpg
Last year, Will had a great meeting with them! AJ was sleeping in the stroller so he missed it. I couldn't spare a FP for it this year, so we will hit it first thing. Then we will head over to:
Kusafiri-sign.jpg
to grab a bite.

Next up is:
safari.jpg

After that, we will finally (hopefully) head over to Pandora. Hoping that things have died down by then and we can all get in even though only DH and AJ have a FP (for FoP). I would like to grab a RS pass in case I decide to try it later and I also want to grab a margarita! I would also love to look around, of course.

After all that, the plan to to head back to Africa for:
Festival Of The Lion King.jpg

Next up will be lunch:
1C-HD-Flame-Tree-Sign.jpg
Then we will finish up the first half of our day at:
finding nemo.jpg

We will head back to WL afterward for our usual break time. Once that is taken care of, we will start our evening at:
sanaa-sign-animal-kingdom-lodge.jpg
I am looking forward to trying the bread service!

Then we will head back over to AK, and hit up:
dinoland.jpg
We will ride Triceratops Spin and then let the boys play at Boneyard for a bit. After that will be a show:
rol.jpg
Next I will jump on EE for a nighttime ride, then we will try to catch some Tree of Life Awakenings, and finally head out for the night.

Up next: This Time Next Week 6/8/2017

Last edited:
Sounds like two great days! We love staying in Magic Kingdom late, although it doesn't always work with young kids.

Love your Animal Kingdom day. We love the Mickey & Minnie meet at Adventurer's Outpost. It has been a good choice for us before. Hopefully getting into Pandora goes well, we are planning on rider swapping Flight of Passage as well.

Your trip is getting so close!

So close for your guys!! Your plans look fantastic! I hope you have a great time and maybe we will spot each other there!

I've been periodically checking in and trying to keep up with your trip report. The end of this school year (Friday is the last day) is kicking my rear, especially since my daughter is in 5th grade and is "graduating." So many end of year activities. :upsidedow

Anywho....I love, love, love all your plans!!! I can't wait for you to experience Wilderness Lodge, it is one of my very favorite resorts, and looks even nicer now with all the work they've done. I totally agree with Kelley, the EWP is really cute and you must watch it multiple times. It's actually one of my husband's most favorite things in all of WDW!

I can't even imagine being so close to WDW, like not even a full day's drive, it just kills me!! The only good thing about being here in Texas is that we're pretty equidistant to both coasts. Thus it's not so farfetched to alternate WDW and DL the way we've done the past 4 years. When you get WDW AP's they are going to burn a hole in your pocket!! (notice I said "when" 8-))

I know y'all will have a fabulous time b/c you have planned so well. Your boys, all 3 of them, will have a blast and have you to thank!! I would love to follow along on FB if you'd like to friend me...Erin Collins Farquhar.

My face lit up when I saw you were going to Flame Tree because I realized that I get to eat there soon too! I love that place! Last time I went I got the pulled pork fries (which are a snack credit if you have a DDP) and they are amazing! To be fair, I LOVE plastic cheese. I know it's not real cheese and that it's awful for you but that doesn't count at Disney - it's magical cheese! I live in NC and have pretty high pulled pork standards and this definitely met them. If you like pulled pork and plastic cheese then I highly recommend these fries! Also I wouldn't suggest getting them as a side. They are big enough for a meal. I shared some and was still full!

I can't even imagine being so close to WDW, like not even a full day's drive, it just kills me!! The only good thing about being here in Texas is that we're pretty equidistant to both coasts. Thus it's not so farfetched to alternate WDW and DL the way we've done the past 4 years. When you get WDW AP's they are going to burn a hole in your pocket!! (notice I said "when" 8-))

I thought the same thing! Being a 2 day drive away actually saves us. If I could be there in under 7 hours I would find so many excuses to go. We are thinking of getting AP's for one year as well in a couple of years and I am so scared of all the rationalizing I know I will do to get down there as much as possible. Looking forward to potentially crossing paths with you at the Hojo in a few weeks!

Sounds like two great days! We love staying in Magic Kingdom late, although it doesn't always work with young kids.
Meanie old mom...I dragged my kids out there every night! But my kids can be night owls, like me, when I let them!

Love your Animal Kingdom day. We love the Mickey & Minnie meet at Adventurer's Outpost.
It is such a great meet!

Hopefully getting into Pandora goes well, we are planning on rider swapping Flight of Passage as well.
Yes, pixie dust it works well for us both!

Your trip is getting so close!
I am both anxious (about all I still have to do) and excited. I'm supposed to be packing right now!

So close for your guys!! Your plans look fantastic! I hope you have a great time and maybe we will spot each other there!
Thank you! I will look for you while at the Lodge!

I've been periodically checking in and trying to keep up with your trip report.
Thank you!

The end of this school year (Friday is the last day) is kicking my rear, especially since my daughter is in 5th grade and is "graduating." So many end of year activities. :upsidedow
I can so relate to this! Well, all but the 5th grader part!

Anywho....I love, love, love all your plans!!! I can't wait for you to experience Wilderness Lodge, it is one of my very favorite resorts, and looks even nicer now with all the work they've done.
I am so excited to get there and marvel in the beauty!

I totally agree with Kelley, the EWP is really cute and you must watch it multiple times. It's actually one of my husband's most favorite things in all of WDW!
Will do!!

I can't even imagine being so close to WDW, like not even a full day's drive, it just kills me!!
The funny thing is that I never really thought I was that close and I don't know why. But now that I am more aware of it, the wheels have been turning in my head non-stop about possible quick weekends down.

The only good thing about being here in Texas is that we're pretty equidistant to both coasts. Thus it's not so farfetched to alternate WDW and DL the way we've done the past 4 years.
Yes, I envy how close you are to DLR. I really, really, really want to get my boys there and within the next few years.

When you get WDW AP's they are going to burn a hole in your pocket!! (notice I said "when" 8-))
Yep. Shhh...don't tell my hubby! :)

I know y'all will have a fabulous time b/c you have planned so well. Your boys, all 3 of them, will have a blast and have you to thank!! I would love to follow along on FB if you'd like to friend me...Erin Collins Farquhar.
Thank you and I sent a FB request!

My face lit up when I saw you were going to Flame Tree because I realized that I get to eat there soon too!
Yay!

Last time I went I got the pulled pork fries (which are a snack credit if you have a DDP) and they are amazing! To be fair, I LOVE plastic cheese. I know it's not real cheese and that it's awful for you but that doesn't count at Disney - it's magical cheese! I live in NC and have pretty high pulled pork standards and this definitely met them. If you like pulled pork and plastic cheese then I highly recommend these fries! Also I wouldn't suggest getting them as a side. They are big enough for a meal. I shared some and was still full!
Honestly I am not a pulled pork fan. I'm not even a BBQ fan, but I figured the DH would enjoy it, so I will take one for the team and get the salad, I think.

I thought the same thing! Being a 2 day drive away actually saves us. If I could be there in under 7 hours I would find so many excuses to go.
Like I mentioned above, I have no idea why I never thought about how close I am. I am non-stop planning (dreaming) about weekend trips. I even priced out a trip for AJ and I to go for our bdays in October. I *may* book a bounce back but I heard Oct is blacked out so it would have to be Sept or Nov. I seriously don't think I could afford it but it is nice to dream about it. :)

This Time Next Week 6/8/2017
So I am getting this one out a little early because I am going to try to do another tonight. I need to finish them by tomorrow, as I will be at Disney on Saturday!!! So let's get going....

This is our full Epcot Day.
epcot.jpg

Epcot actually has AM EMH, which I didn't really want to get involve with but because this is the park that closes the earliest, it was best to do it the day before our AM EMH at MK. I'm hoping we will arrive around 8:45 and we will head right to the Character Spot, as we have a FP:
Epcot-Character-Spot-no-Epcot.jpg

After that meet we will head over to the Seas:
The-Seas-with-Nemo-and-Friends-sign-future-world-epcot-walt-disney-world.jpg
We will ride the ride, explore the tanks and then check out Turtle Talk.

After we get our fill of the Seas, we will head for some cool refreshment:
Epcot-Club-Cool-Sign-640x360.jpg

Then we will head out of FW and over to WS:
world showcase.jpg

We will make a stop at:
boulangerie.jpg
for a late breakfast or early lunch.

Then we will make our way over to:
american adv.JPG

Next up is:
frozeneverafter-sign-brett.jpg

And finally, before our break:
Gran_Fiesta_Tour_Starring_The_Three_Caballeros.jpg
Hopefully after the ride I can grab a margarita from La Cava to enjoy on our walk out to the front for our usual break.

While we are on our break, Chad will head off property to a local cigar shop and meet up with some cigar buddies. He is the producer of a cigar show that is both on our local radio and streams nationally so he knows cigar people everywhere it seems! In any case I picked this to be the best day for him to go off property because I have some looser plans for the rest of the evening, compared to the other days of the trip.

So, after he returns, we will head back over to Epcot and have some dinner:
via napoli.jpg

After this we may have some time to stroll around, then grab a nice spot for Illuminations.

After that, we will head out. Once back to the room, the boys can crash if they would like or we can stop at GP for a drink. This is one of those nights where we can watch the EWP again, so, at the very least, I will watch it from the balcony of the room. It would be smart to be in bed not much later though, as AM EMH at MK is the next day!

Up next: Trip Report Link!!

Last edited:
If you don't mind, can I send you a friend request on Fb? I want to follow along too. I think I've figured out who you are from the June group. :D

So just some randomness before I get to my regularly scheduled program! Got some Disney music for the drive:
CD.JPG

Today I got my mani/pedi:
mani.JPG

And then I picked up something unexpected:
tire.JPG
UGH! And I just got my car serviced on Tuesday. So it either happened there or after that morning.

Going to have to get it taken care of tomorrow even though I am on an extremely tight schedule. My dad may help me though.

Okay, well, I hate to say it but I am falling asleep as I type this so I'm probably going to be skipping out on any more posts tonight. We will see if I can get my last two days posted tomorrow...or if I do what I did last year and not get the rest posted. Unfortunately it is looking like a real possibility. I'll apologize in advance if that is indeed what happens.

But you guys will get to see the real plan in action on the TR, right??

Okay, headed to bed. Goodnight y'all.

Today I got my mani/pedi:
mani-jpg.241561

Cute!

And then I picked up something unexpected:
tire-jpg.241562

Oh no! This happened to me once too. But I was younger, and I drove all the way to Josh's not knowing what was wrong :rotfl:

Okay, well, I hate to say it but I am falling asleep as I type this so I'm probably going to be skipping out on any more posts tonight. We will see if I can get my last two days posted tomorrow...or if I do what I did last year and not get the rest posted. Unfortunately it is looking like a real possibility. I'll apologize in advance if that is indeed what happens.

If you don't post here tomorrow then have a great trip! I'll be following along on Facebook!

Thank you! And I promise I'll be catching up on your reports once I get back! I have fallen way behind!

Haha, I've just caught up myself! I haven't been updating my Disney one while I was finishing the Universal one so I just got back to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter