• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Atlantis v. Spirit Box Office Battle Update (thru day 24)

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
I continue to beat this horse, because a year ago there were folks claiming that Disney Animation was dead and Dreamworks was the new king of the animated world.

'Atlantis" was spoken of as an "absolute failure". Fast forward a year and Dreamworks' 'Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron' was being touted as "The Next Lion King". So, how's it doing compared to the Disney film labled a box office disaster?

Through day 18 of full release:

Atlantis - $59.4 million
Spirit - $54.6 million

Seems the letters "P-D-I" might just be an important part of Dreamworks' success. Lilo should tell us whether the same is true or not for another "P" word and Disney.

EDIT - Through day 24:

Atlantis - $69.0 million
Spirit - $63.5 million

Spirit could fail to crack $80m now.

Question

What would happen if PDI and Pixar teamed up? ;)

Spirt is awful, and I actually turned people away from it at school (wait a week, then see a really good movie from Disney).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter