ATT data use in Toronto area?

mikehn

DIS Veteran
Im a US based Att subscriber planning to drive into the Windsor/Toronto area some time over the holidays. Att says my data plan works there in ON. But how good is it? I'll be relying on it mostly for GPS and web browsing. I will only be there a few days and trying to avoid buying a canadian plan. Any experiences to share?

Well, AT&T partners with Rogers up here, so you shouldn't have any issues when it comes to reception. Don't think there are any dead zones on the 401 between Windsor and Toronto.

BTW please be careful on the drive. You can encounter some strong crosswinds between Windsor and London.

Im a US based Att subscriber planning to drive into the Windsor/Toronto area some time over the holidays. Att says my data plan works there in ON. But how good is it? I'll be relying on it mostly for GPS and web browsing. I will only be there a few days and trying to avoid buying a canadian plan. Any experiences to share?

As noted, it should be through Rogers, which is Canada's largest cellular provider. I have a Cricket (owned by AT&T) plan that allows use in Canada. The main caveat may be penalties. I believe my terms indicate that there might be a surcharge if more than half of the high-speed cellular data monthly limit is used in Canada. You might want to see what the terms are for your plan. OK - I looked up what AT&T has now, and there's no particular restrictions for Canada/Mexico, but there may be with their international data plans.

But I wouldn't worry about having adequate coverage in Ontario.

I have ATT with a Florida number and am in Ontario for months at a time. I txt, phone and use data all day long with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter