ATTENTION ALL EXPERTS ON WDW TRANSPORTATION!!! How do I get from ASMo to the Dolphin?

tootsiemolly

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team</fon
I need help. This is my 5th time to disneyworld, but my first time without a car. I have had a hard year financially and I don't have a credit card. My DH, and myself are coming for a conference at the Dolphin. But to save money we are staying at the ASMO our first and last night. We have to fly in a day early, because we are coming from Utah. How is the WDW transportation? Do you spend a long time waiting for Buses? I am taking Mears from the airport to ASMO for one night, and then transfering to the Dolphin. What is the best way to get there? Or how can I get there using Disney transportation? Any suggestions? Then after staying at the Dolphin I am going back to ASMO for one night before flying home. HELP??????

If you're going to be carrying luggage, taking a taxi might be the best way. I don't know how much it would cost, but it's a relatively short distance and would probably be the fastest and easiest.

As for WDW Transportation, probably bus to one of the parks (except Epcot) and transfer to the Swan/Dolphin bus at either MK or AK or take the boat from MGM. If you take the bus to Epcot, you would enter at Future World (and have to deal with security check, which you would avoid at the others) and then walk aaaalllllllll the way to the International Gateway to get the boat. There's also transferring at DTD.

You know, after typing all that, I just thought of another way -- bus to Fantasia Gardens and walk across the street.

Obi-Wan Pinobi is right...taxi would be quickest. I'd guess around $10.

Bell services will transfer luggage between WDW hotels, but since The Dolphin is not technically a WDW resort you may want to check on that.

My suggestion would be to take a bus to MGM Studios and then a boat or bus to The Dolphin.

Definitely take the bus to MGM. The boat launch to the Swan, Dolphin, BC,YC, & Boardwalk is right across from the park entrance. Its a nice ride and it will only take about 10 minutes from MGM.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan Pinobi
You know, after typing all that, I just thought of another way -- bus to Fantasia Gardens and walk across the street.

There is no bus to Fantasia Gardens. However, there is a bus to the Studios, and then take the boat to the Swan/Dolphin. Disney will help with the transfer of the luggage from one Disney resort to another... however, you will need to double check since the Dolphin isn't really 100% Disney...

I need to transfer from ASMO on Jan 2nd to POR for my last 6 nights...will they charge me to take my luggage over to POR??

Originally posted by DisAlicia22
I need to transfer from ASMO on Jan 2nd to POR for my last 6 nights...will they charge me to take my luggage over to POR??

It's a free service for guests of Walt Disney World. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter