Attention Seafood Lovers! Why should I eat at Fulton's Crabhouse?

Katiebug

Mouseketeer
Hello,

Both DH & I love seafood. Fulton's Crabhouse is a little pricey. Is it worth it? We don't mind spurging as long as the food it good.

Also, how are the kids meals? Big portions?

Thanks,
Jennifer

I had this same question. Being from Maryland we expect perfection in a crab ;) We are also used to REALLY GREAT seafood!! We don't want to be disappointed for as much as we would be paying.

At $44 per person, I really enjoyed the very sweet giant crab claws. I live on the Gulf and really enjoy great snapper and Lobster from Maine is fabulous, but these claws were exceptional. We also ordered the Australian Lobster Tails and found them to be too salty compared with the sweetness of the claws.

You might find service to be an issue at times there, but I'm used to spending that amount on a nice dinner and I felt our entree selection fit the price.

we ate there in 1999 and i remember ordering crab cakes, but we split the order bec. it was almost 20 pp just for 2 tiny crab cakes.

u want soda w/ that? add another 7 bucks

coffee and dessert??

i remember being disappointed in the portion size for the $

i want to try this time these seafood places:

Charlie's Lobster House- in Mercado Shopping Center (by Titanic Exhibition) on INtl. Dr. - supposed to be rated very high in Zagat's Survey and delicious!! A little pricier, i called for prices the other day: Fried Shrimp Platter $18.99, $15.99 fish & chips, but lady said portions are HUGE. I read good reviews in travel guides.

Next, Boston Lobster Feast on INTL DR. 407-396-2606
All u can eat b4 6pm $24.95, after 6pm it's 29.95 pp. Lobster,etc.

Don't miss Wild Jack's on INtl dr. - awesome bbq. ate there few times last trip in 99. Delicious!

I think ur best bet is Charlies Lobster house. Hope u love!:wave:

Well, as far as we are concerned the seafood is very good and we haven't had any real problems with service. We know everytime we go there it is on the more expensive side, but we don't mind. Usually we get the Austrianal lobster tail, it is very good, 2 nice size tails and very good sides. Well worth the money. And don't worry, never had to pay $7 for a soda, and we go at least once a year.

SRuAlmn:
I can tell you one thing--you won't confuse the crabcakes at Fultons with those you can get in Md!!

It might be worth your while to search these boards for reviews of Fulton's. I see a number of posters whose experiences matched ours: high prices, small servings and lousy service (and we normally don't mind paying quite a bit for good food and service).

You may still decide to go (experiences vary, of course) but you'll have a much wider base of information from which to make your decision.

took

I had a lobster dinner but didn't like it at all. It had some type of garlic seasoning added to it when it was cooked. I wanted a lobster boil where a lobster tastes like a lobster. Not good and the waitress never let me know it would be served this way. :mad:

You shouldn't. We went in 2000 & it was great. but in 2002 & 2003, it really went down. Overpriced & not very good.

By far the best lobster and steak I've had.

DCP_1334.jpg

This is just my opinion, but if you're going to any restaurant on Disney property more for the food as opposed to the atmosphere, you bear the risk of being disappointed. With the exception of some of the high-end resort restaurants, I can't think of a single restaurant that thrills me because of the cuisine.

With respect to Fulton's specifically, we ate there once because we needed to get out of the rain and there was a 90 minute wait at the Rainforest. I wasn't impressed, but it wasn't terrible either. But as with most Disney food fare, if I was charged that kind of money for that quality of food anywhere else but Disney, I'd be upset. But hey, you're in the middle of the greatest vacation destination in the world, and if you're there for haute cuisine, you've made a terrible mistake. Get into a park, have a $5 hot dog, and relax.

My suggestion for great food near Disney is to go to either of Emeril's restaurants at Universal. That will eat into your wallet as well, but at least you'll be eating well.

If you don't mind my asking, how much was that lobster and steak meal? It looks like quite a bit of food..... also looks VERY YUMMY!!!!

I can't remember exactly how much it was cause we usually get just the lobster tails. I believe it was aroung the same price $44. Not a cheap meal, thats for sure. But to some of us, it is worth it. My husband never gets enough food, but for me it was plenty and I even gave alittle to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter