AttN: Christmas Week CP vets...

VickiVM

DIS Veteran
I made 5:10pm dinner CP reservations at Garden Grille (they open for dinner at 5pm) for the 6:45pm show. Is that cutting it too close? We have small children and I don't want to eat dinner too late in the evening. I figure since it's a buffet style, food will already be prepared and we shouldn't have too much of a wait from the moment we are seated until our food arrives.

Anyone have previous experience with this??

Just make sure your a little early for your PS. We usually eat around 5:00pm for dinner also, but we have 8:15 CP. The only problem you'll have is the stage for CP is in the very back and garden grill is up front, so you will have a 10-15 minute walk after you eat.

I agree on the walk. The Garden Grill is at the Land pavillion and the CP show is done at the American Gardens theatre which is at the American Adventure pavillion. I think you could make it along as you dont spend more then an hour at dinner. If you leave no later then 6:15pm you should be fine.

I say you can make it but you are cutting it close.CM'S try to get you to have dinner around 4:30 if going to 6:45 CP.Or that is the way I was guided this year and last,we are eating Teppankaki at 4:30 this year and same last year before going to 6:45 CP,the year before that it was Le Cellier at 4:30 for 6:45 CP.We left after dinner and get in CP package line and were still behind 400+ people who had dinner package.:wave2:

We have a 5:00 PS for garden grille and 6:45 CP. We were told that we shouldn't have any problems making the CP.:bounce: :tongue: ::MinnieMo By SnowWhite86 and DD!

We opted to see the show first (5pm show) and then do dinner afterwards (7:00pm) at the Garden Grill. We'll be there on Christmas Eve and I know the crowds will be bad...we're also allowing for a little extra time after the show to make it to the PS so we don't have to rush through Epcot.

I think you could make it, but with the crowds that week, you'll be cutting it close, and like danny1649 said, you may be behind 400 other people by the time you get to the theatre...Also, you mentioned having little ones. We haven't been to the Garden Grill yet, but it is a character meal...not sure how quickly the characters get around, but it would be a bummer to be in such a rush that you don't have time to enjoy your dinner and time with the characters there. Anyway, this is just my $.02...good luck with whatever you decide! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter