Attractions in LA with 1 year old

clanmcculloch

DIS Veteran
What attractions around LA, besides the obvious DL (we've already planned 6 night, 5 park days there) are good with a almost 1 year old? We'll be staying in Northridge during this time. Right now I've got LA zoo & Botanical garden, Griffith Park & Observatory, and Santa Monica Pier & beach including a little bit of time at the little aquarium there. Are these good ideas? What else would you suggest? We won't be spending any long days anywhere because of both the baby and our autistic teen so something that's only a couple hours is perfectly fine though I'm open to full day activities (I'm used to figuring out how to shorten them to meet our needs). We'll be there in July of that makes a difference.

I don't think it really matters so much because the 1 year old will always be along for the ride. I know at the observatory there's a minimum age for the planetarium shows that would exclude an infant or toddler. Also in Griffith Park besides the zoo there's a carousel and Travel Town. There's the Science Center with an IMAX and Space Shuttle and the Natural History Museum in Griffith Park. There's also LACMA and the Getty Center. For the quieter museums it might be better to go when the baby naps and just take a stroller.

I was hoping for activities where she would have things that could engage her at least some of the time. You've given me some great information about several places. I'll google them to get more details and I'll update my notes about the observatory and Griffth Park. Thank you!

Two years ago we went to a science museum and natural history museum. I thought they were in a completely different part of the city than Griffith Park. I'll have to look them up to see if they're the same museums and if they are then figure out how my memory of navigating the city is so off. That trip we stayed in Pasadena, this trip will be Northridge, so coming from a different direction. I'm guessing that's what has me all turned around.

That explains it. I can get mixed up about things like that so I wasn't sure. I don't know what I'd do without my GPS.

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter