Audio Ads

bryanb

DIS Veteran
Today, I'm having some new issues with audio ads on Disboards. These are drug commercials that play automatically (without having to click on anything). Auto-play ads are annoying by themselves -- and I don't think they should be allowed.

But even worse, some pages appear to have two or three of the same audio ad, and they play simultaneously. I haven't figured out where the actual ads are on the page so that I can close them or report them, as they appear to be well hidden.

Is there any way to stop these auto-play ads without resorting to an ad blocker? Given the enjoyment that I receive from this site, I prefer to support Disboards and its advertisers. Thanks!

I usually leave the sound on mute, avoids all of those issues. Ad blocker is good since none of those annoying ads show up on my PC. I don't want to buy any of those products anyway, so it is nice to be able to eliminate them. If you have multiple webpages open, sometimes hard to tell where exactly the ad is from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!