Audio on Beaches & Cream

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
I was so excited to see that the team had posted a review on Beaches & Cream. We have an ADR for our May trip. However they were nearly impossible to hear, especially in the restaurant. Such a shame because they put work into something and it was for the most part useless. I would think that it was just me becoming deaf, LOL, but my 17-year-old son couldn’t hear it either. I know that I had heard something about the fact that they were going to be cutting out reviews in restaurants and just be discussing things in the studio and I was kind of disappointed because I really like getting to see the food and getting to see the inside of the restaurants. But we were straining to try to hear.

Any idea why sometimes they pass around the phone so that everybody can speak into it and sometimes they don’t? It makes it so much better when every single person speaks into the phone that they are passing around.

Yes, I had trouble hearing them over the din around them and I tried to move video forward (to see if it was the same all the way through) and the audio and video stopped working altogether, so I couldn't even finish watching it either.

It was difficult to hear inside and closed captioning was only a little more helpful

Most of the recent dining show reviews have suffered from bad audio as well. Hopefully somebody besides us will notice and try to improve the quality of the audio.

Haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the beginning of Festival of the Arts has terrible audio too. They REALLY need to invest in better equipment if they are going to keep doing these in the field.

I agree--it was un-listenable. (That's not a word, but it's what it was.)

Please, please stop doing on-site restaurant reviews!! The audio is just not good and I'm so tired of listening to them smack and chew their food--at least swallow all the way before you start talking.

and when you don't actually show the food but for a total of 30 seconds, so not helpful. I want to see the actual product. Please see the Disney Food Blog reports for how to do a GREAT food report.

I just returned from WDW and ate at B&C twice. While it’s huge inside now, the noise level is so bad you can’t hear very well. The chef is new to this location and it was noticeable. The food was different. The new chef is not a fan of sharing. While you’re welcome to share, the chef will not put your meal on separate plates/bowls like before. They will give you an extra plate. we had a patty melt and didn’t care for it. Next time we split a burger. It was not the same. We believe it was a pre-made patty, unlike the fresh burgers they offered. We had our favorite server, Bryan. He was at cape May, but had to come back to B&C reluctantly. He said he put in a formal transfer to cape May, so planning to leave. We will be back in May and will try them again, but felt a little sad that it’s different now, the food, not just the decor.

I "watch" a lot of the youtube videos while I work, so really it's small on my phone, I don't make it full size, and listen with ear buds but haven't had problems hearing any of them lately. I did find it odd that no one got a burger and am disappointed to hear that it doesn't seem to be the same, though I've also read it's the same. It's my favorite place to get a good burger on property.

I agree--it was un-listenable. (That's not a word, but it's what it was.)

Please, please stop doing on-site restaurant reviews!! The audio is just not good and I'm so tired of listening to them smack and chew their food--at least swallow all the way before you start talking.

I second that wholeheartedly... I skip any restaurant reviews by any vlogger (not just Dis) that shows them eating and chewing/smacking food and doing the review "live". Just the total opposite of appealing to me, on top of the often loud background noise. I think they could shoot some (silent) video of the general atmosphere upon entry, their table, and then a nice shot of each plate they receive, and use that footage to record a review afterwards. They can always jot notes for themselves at the table to use for when they record a review.

I second that wholeheartedly... I skip any restaurant reviews by any vlogger (not just Dis) that shows them eating and chewing/smacking food and doing the review "live". Just the total opposite of appealing to me, on top of the often loud background noise. I think they could shoot some (silent) video of the general atmosphere upon entry, their table, and then a nice shot of each plate they receive, and use that footage to record a review afterwards. They can always jot notes for themselves at the table to use for when they record a review.
That's what they did for Chefs de France and it worked great. I thought that was supposed to be the new standard per Pete...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!