AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

We are renting a minivan from Alamo one-way from Providence to the Dolphin for 1 week, 8/10-8/17, and I find the discount code for Disney Annual Passholders (if you are one) is a bit cheaper (about 5%) than the code for BJ’s and Costco. Hope this helps passholders out there!

Booked directly with Alamo, 7/31-8/8, Standard Size SUV, on Jan 25
$480.41
EMA6DMJCRv3DOIaUfAwCrSwYCUmGMWkjZatSHYfZmwGsqu1wlyYaRGNhThsXBRH7j7ZMSvBIhSb06fzRS_ynWjiQMLh-OHESnIB_8a_OxlqjQU6SXz33zoKhm2uNrTQ2cFKBWUvSYjfB0fxQo7qlOqiT8QBB3nfxtBVFyyZmWV-chmbSYs2hscMgCL6CEQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Today, I searched using AutoSlash and found a listing on Priceline for Alamo
$439.93
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016350
Coupon Code: AD8698SDF
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "Visa" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I signed up for Price Tracking with Auto Slash and I already received an update:
$395.75
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016136
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "AMEX" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I canceled the first price tracking and will sign up again for this conf# & cost since the service is already paying off.
So I used these:

And got a great deal but in the terms it made some reference to 2013 and also said I had to pay with an AMEX. Anybody know if that's enforced?

So I used these:

And got a great deal but in the terms it made some reference to 2013 and also said I had to pay with an AMEX. Anybody know if that's enforced?

I know they often don't check for club memberships (Costco, BJ's, etc.) in Orlando, although they could at any time, I think they do for the credit card deals (Visa, Amex, etc.). I'd recommend using your Amex if you have one...

Rental prices this year are ridiculous!!!
We need a minivan for two weeks, prices are around 1000$. Last year I booked through Spirit airlines for a little over 300$ for two weeks. I can’t believe the price difference.

Rental prices this year are ridiculous!!!
We need a minivan for two weeks, prices are around 1000$. Last year I booked through Spirit airlines for a little over 300$ for two weeks. I can’t believe the price difference.
Yes. Totally agree! Hopefully, prices will go down. We didn’t book flights yet but may be driving if flights are high, too.

I can't seem to use that JAZ coupon. Keeps saying expires July 31st. I have 24 to 31 August at Alamo for $297 with Costco. Interestingly, same price for both a midsize/standard and small SUV. I am hoping for a coupon that does cover August comes out soon. I tend to check with Mousesavers, as she usually has the most current coupons and available codes. Seems high to me too.

I can't seem to use that JAZ coupon. ...

Interesting. I've had no problems using the JAZ coupon for my dates (Aug 15-20). Sometimes Alamo plays funky with browsers...try opening a private or incognito window and see if you get different results.

Also, I've been getting some price drops over the past few days for the dates mentioned above. I'm down about $25 from a week ago and have gone from a midsize to a standard...now at $189 base/$237 total (that includes $7.50 added on for Southwest rapid rewards). Expect to get lower as time goes on, but I'm about $40 down from a month ago.

thanks Richmo, I'll try to find one, and see if does work. I tend to play the rinse and repeat car reservations up until the day I leave, and even at the airport sometimes.

I was able to rent a Nissan Versa for $103 all in from Hertz at MCO. One week rental was $46 plus all the taxes and fees totalling $103. Rental dates are 8-21-8-28. We were initially going to ditch the car but at this price, and no resort fees since we booked prior to 3/15/18, we are renting a car.

Last edited:
I was able to rent a Nissan Versa for $103 all in from Hertz at MCO. One week rental was $46 plus all the taxes and fees totalling $103. Rental dates are 8-21-8-28. We were initially going to ditch the car but at this price, and no resort fees since we booked prior to 3/15/18, we are renting a car.
What search or code did you use?

Best I've been able to find so far is $247 for a one week rental beginning 8/04 out of MCO, standard car through Costco/Alamo. Sure would be nice if it goes lower. Paid almost half that a few years back.

Here we go August folks!
I just booked my August trip and I am hoping we can share some money saving tips!
Right now I am using the Costco ID 7014627 at Alamo. I am a member at Costco.
I'm unable to find any coupon codes valid for my dates 8/17-8/25.
I have a standard booked for $284 for the 8 days, $252 if I book 8/18-8/25

You don't need a special code for Costco. Just go to Costco's website and log in with your own membership number. It will show you the Alamo price along with Costco deals for many other rental agencies.

I usually check Costco prices as well as Hotwire. Costco is preferred because its not pre-paid and you can cancel. Hotwire is pre-paid but sometimes their prices are much lower so it can be worth it.

Great rate!!! Enjoy!!! :car:

Thanks. I actually just checked today and the same rate is $274??? Code is Flash.

That can happen, but that big a change this fast is pretty unusual. You should probably carefully check your confirmation and make sure the dates and times are correct...just to make sure.

Your Itinerary
Driving Instructions
Google Maps
AAA TripTik(R)
NeverLost Online Trip Planning
Pickup and Return Location
MCO - Orlando International Airport
Address
1 Airport Blvd
Orlando, FL US 32812-3023
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sun Open 24 hours
Location Type:
Corporate
Phone Number:
(407) 859-8400
Fax Number:
(407) 888-5420
Pickup Time
Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 08:00 AM
Return Time
Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Discounts
CDP: PLATINUM CARD FROM AMEX
Arrival/Flight Information
Not Arriving Airline or Train

Amount To Be Paid At Time Of Rent
103.71 USD
ZEUSCCAR999.jpg

Your Vehicle
Compact 2 or 4 dr. Group B CCAR
(B) Nissan Versa or similar
Payment Method
Pay Later
Visa
Discounts
CDP Name : PLATINUM CARD FROM AMEX
CDP Rate : Your Rate has been discounted based on the Hertz CDP provided
Rate Details
1 week at 48.80 USD 48.80 USD
Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Fees and Surcharges
Airport Concession Fee 5.16 USD
Customer Facility Charge 24.50 USD
STATE/CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE 16.16 USD
Vehicle Licensing Fee Recovery 1.27 USD
Energy Surcharge 1.49 USD
Taxes
Total Sales Tax 6.33 USD
Amount to be paid at time of rent 103.71 USD

Total
103.71 USD
Available Optional Items At The Counter
Optional Information
Rate Code : RCUW5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter