AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

That can happen, but that big a change this fast is pretty unusual. You should probably carefully check your confirmation and make sure the dates and times are correct...just to make sure.
I just posted my itinerary. Please double check to see whether I'm missing something...

Your Itinerary
Driving Instructions
Google Maps
AAA TripTik(R)
NeverLost Online Trip Planning
Pickup and Return Location
MCO - Orlando International Airport
Address
1 Airport Blvd
Orlando, FL US 32812-3023
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Sun Open 24 hours
Location Type:
Corporate
Phone Number:
(407) 859-8400
Fax Number:
(407) 888-5420
Pickup Time
Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 08:00 AM
Return Time
Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Discounts
CDP: PLATINUM CARD FROM AMEX
Arrival/Flight Information
Not Arriving Airline or Train

Amount To Be Paid At Time Of Rent
103.71 USD
ZEUSCCAR999.jpg

Your Vehicle
Compact 2 or 4 dr. Group B CCAR
(B) Nissan Versa or similar
Payment Method
Pay Later
Visa
Discounts
CDP Name : PLATINUM CARD FROM AMEX
CDP Rate : Your Rate has been discounted based on the Hertz CDP provided
Rate Details
1 week at 48.80 USD 48.80 USD
Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Fees and Surcharges
Airport Concession Fee 5.16 USD
Customer Facility Charge 24.50 USD
STATE/CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE 16.16 USD
Vehicle Licensing Fee Recovery 1.27 USD
Energy Surcharge 1.49 USD
Taxes
Total Sales Tax 6.33 USD
Amount to be paid at time of rent 103.71 USD

Total
103.71 USD
Available Optional Items At The Counter
Optional Information
Rate Code : RCUW5

Bargain of the year!!!

Thanks, Rich. Yes, I will bring my Amex Platinum. Hope they don't give me any issues.

They shouldn't. Also make sure you bring a printed copy.

One time with Alamo I checked in at the kiosk in the terminal (this was before they had the online checkin that lets you go straight to the garage) and the price spit out on the receipt was maybe $30 higher than my reservation. I took that receipt and the hard copy of my reservation to a manager at the counter (didn't get in line...just went up to the counter) and he gave me the rate I had printed plus deducted $25 for my trouble. Wasn't expecting that, but it was nice. Bottom line...bring a printed copy, just in case.

Ack, changed from 24 to 31, to 22 to 31, and went up almost $100. I'm doing that keep swimming. Won't check in until the night before. Then print out, so have it ready to show in Alamo garage.

Ngwira, that AmEX rate is awesome!

I'm with Richmo, I've used the Costco code several times now, but I always bring my Costco card, and will present if asked. So far, have not been asked, but ya always should be able to prove whatever discount user ID you have.

Hi, finally got my car under $400! Alamo using the Wyndham rewards code and the AD2365FDN $30 off coupon code. Renting from Sat Aug 11th until Thurs Aug 23rd. It's the drive happy deal, we used that once and it worked out fine-the car is determined at time of pick up. As long as we don't get a compact we'll be ok. I'll keep looking though, but just wanted to share that with these codes, I got it under the $400 mark. It was $376 including all there wonderful charges! Hope this helps some other August folks! We're also part of their rewards program, so we can skip the counter.

I meant to mention, we are not Wyhndam rewards member, but we go straight to the parking lot, and check out at the booth, they shouldn't be a problem, should it?

I went on line and joined wyndham rewards, it's free, and you don't have to give any cc information. Who knows if we'll still use this discount by the time August comes around, but at least I have it for now.

I meant to mention, we are not Wyhndam rewards member, but we go straight to the parking lot, and check out at the booth, they shouldn't be a problem, should it?

I went on line and joined wyndham rewards, it's free, and you don't have to give any cc information. Who knows if we'll still use this discount by the time August comes around, but at least I have it for now.

Good move joining Wyndham if you might use the code. Yes, you just head straight out to the lot if you do the skip the counter and online checkin steps.

Historically, Alamo Orlando hasn't been checking credentials on discounts, but of course they could. For that reason, my personal opinion is not to use any contract ID or discount for which I don't have credentials. In your case, you're covered on the contract ID by joining Wyndham Rewards, but I believe your coupon code is tied to AOPA (I think that stands for something like Airplane Owners and Pilots Assoc.). I know plenty here have successfully used it...personally, I won't for the reasons I stated above. Just wanted to make you aware and you can decide for yourself.

thank you-I was wondering what that other code was! I could probably switch that code to a different one-it seems like its the Wyndham rewards which is giving the larger discount-when I try to replace that one for a different one, the discount isn't as good-thank you for the heads up, I appreciate it!

Hello,
I just booked a Full size car from August 4 pick up at MCO, returning on the 12th at noon at Dolphin ( we are going to be at the BWR) for $300.26. I used the Costco code 7014627 ( extra driver) and the 25.00 0ff AD2823JAZ !, I'm also an Alamo Member . We rent it to go grocery shopping , going to Universal studios for first time also ( yay) , and to go to Mass 2 Sundays! Not bad at all so far, but I will continue to check, because they go down sometimes the week or so before.

Following along for a good rate. Prices seem so high right now. Also can someone PM me the AP code or tell me where to find it? Thanks :)

I just checked Alamo using the $25 coupon code for 8/9 thru 8/15 (6 days), picking up at MCO and dropping at the Dolphin. The economy car was $673:scared1:

I just checked Alamo using the $25 coupon code for 8/9 thru 8/15 (6 days), picking up at MCO and dropping at the Dolphin. The economy car was $673:scared1:

It's always ridiculous expensive the bulk of the time when you pick up at an airport and drop it off at another location.

Just checked on Costco, for the same dates, if you pick up and drop off at the Disney Car Care Center $287 for a compact.

I'm jumping in...trying to plan a last min, off property, budget friendly trip 8/15-8/20, hoping i can snag a good deal on a car from MCO...wow have the prices always been this expensive? I guess I am spoiled by Magical Express

Since Southwest's schedule just opened up into August today, I can finally jump in:

August 15-20
Compact
Costco + $25 (AD2823JAZ)
$246.13 base/$278.79 total

Ick!
I just used the same code for the same dates and picked the "Drive Happy" Deal for car assigned "compact or larger" got it for $230.52

I got a full size car at thrifty today for 6 days, 8/9 thru 8/15, pick up and drop off at mco, $212, all in. This was after a 15% coupon available to anyone

Climbed down a little today- $244 for a Midsize from July 31-Aug 8. I used Costco code and not sure what coupon but it entitles you to an extra driver.

Also, reserved a Midsize SUV for the above dates for $278. DH thinks we may not fit in a full size car. We have 2 Kids and trying for only 2 suitcases plus backpacks. Any opinions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter