AUGUST 2018 Car rental watch

We have a full size reserved for 5 people with 2 large suitcases and 3 carryons. Hope we fit as well. lol

We fly in late August 7th and out August 17th. I'm still hoping prices are going to come down some. My sister will be driving from Georgia and will be there the 10-12 with her car so we won't need one those day anyhow. I am seriously thinking about just using Uber and Lyft while we are there. Only issue is we've never used them before and I am worried about knowing where pick up/ drop offs at the parks are. Ugg, between the rental prices and parking fees we are looking at $500-$550 just in car fees. That's almost as much as our airfare. Hopefully they the prices will still drop for us.

I just used the same code for the same dates and picked the "Drive Happy" Deal for car assigned "compact or larger" got it for $230.52

My dates are exactly the same as yours (8/15-20). Also using Costco and AD2823JAZ...I'm at $218.19 (booked today) all in for a Midsize. Standard is about $10 more. Keep an eye on things...there have been small drops over the past month or two.

My intermediate car through Costco for August 5-11 went down $8 today! $216

Hoping it keeps going down

I booked through Costco today. 8th-17th picking up at the Dolphin Hotel at 4 and dropping off at airport at 4 for $258.xx. We will uber to the hotel the night before then to the parks on the 8th or possible take the hotel shuttle but it only leaves once to one park so Uber will probably be better.

My August rental went down $12 today through Costco ($239 8/4-8/11) for a fullsize. May be wishful thinking but hoping i can get it to around $200 before we leave. :). Also there are 5 of us. Hoping we all fit with our luggage!

My dh just booked a car for 24 hours. I was going to do a grocery delivery but he said he’d rather pick the stuff out then them substituting or not having. So for $57 we have a standard, I think. It was a Kia Soul but got the one class upgrade with the BJs discount. I don’t think we are in sticker shock because in April we rented the premium SUV for 11 days for $950 so $60 is chump change!

I said it was going to cost us more but in the end I think it will be a wash. I have quite a few target gift cards from rewards sites so we will head there and get the bulk of what we need (I have my list ready) and the. Head to Publix across the street for the few things they don’t have like fruit!

We are picking up/dropping off at the dolphin. We are staying at the BC for those first 5 days then the Poly. And added bonus, it can take us to chef mickeys that night so we don’t have to leave at 3 for a 6:30 reservation via the bus! And maybe it will take us to DHs that next am. Not sure. But after that we won’t need it and if we need some thing my sister will be there for 2 days so we can borrow her car.

Still holding full-size @ $522 for 8/3 - 8/18. A price drop would be GREAT because technically its $261/week. I hope to get it within a range of $200/week but I can't see that happening :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

What is the costco code and which car rental place are you guys using?

You need to log into the Costco travel website using your membership information. Or if you Google you can find the number but in order to finalize booking with alamo you must put in your Costco membership number.

Does anyone know the difference between Alamo's fullsize and premium cars? For a total of $2 more I can upgrade to a premium. Just curious if it's even worth it and I should just stick with the fullsize I have booked. It says premium is Nissan Maxima or similar. That doesn't seem premium to me??

It has been years since we rented a car. When we do, we used Avis, but wow, the prices have sure gone up!

We are staying offsite this time. Rentalcars.com has a deal for a rental agency called Greenmotion, located at MCO. Has anyone ever rented from them before? We booked Wyndham Bonnet Creek today and were going to use a shuttle to/from the airport and then use Uber for the parks, but the car rental is only a hundred bucks. We will pay for parking at Disney, of course. The resort has no parking fee, and it would be nice to go get groceries when we arrive. We just want to make sure it is a legitimate company. I did not see any reports about them on BBB.

My Costco rate for Alamo dropped about $40 for 3rd week in August. 8 days for $240 for full size.

Hoping to get closer to $200

Just booked Intermediate SUV through Costco for $275 for third week of August. Going to keep checking if it goes down. It's $447 on Alamos' website. I'm loving Costco! But hoping it comes down just a bit more.

Does anyone know the difference between Alamo's fullsize and premium cars? For a total of $2 more I can upgrade to a premium. Just curious if it's even worth it and I should just stick with the fullsize I have booked. It says premium is Nissan Maxima or similar. That doesn't seem premium to me??
Anyone??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!