August 2019 Car Rental Thread

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
Well I didn't see an August thread posted so here goes. My dates are Aug 16th thru Aug 31st. I prefer ALAMO and use codes from COSTCO and BJs. I just wanted to get the thread started and here is what I have so far: COSTCO(7014627) BJs(7014696) COUPON(AU3Z64SDG)-FREE UPGRADE

Current Quote from Alamo Website for 8/16(noon pickup) to 8/31(noon dropoff)

Standard w/Upgrade to Fullsize $819.41
Midsize w.Upgrade to Standard $760.72
Midsize SUV $787.98
PREMIUM $837.97

Well those are my rates for my dates. I am hoping for Midsize SUV this year and may opt
for a Premium vehicle if I get a choice of a Cadillac or a Buick LaCrosse.

So post your quotes and lets watch for price drops together....READY...SET.... GO !!!

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

I know there is an Alamo there at PP, but is there a National?

Last edited:
Well I didn't see an August thread posted so here goes. My dates are Aug 16th thru Aug 31st. I prefer ALAMO and use codes from COSTCO and BJs. I just wanted to get the thread started and here is what I have so far: COSTCO(7014627) BJs(7014696) COUPON(AU3Z64SDG)-FREE UPGRADE

Current Quote from Alamo Website for 8/16(noon pickup) to 8/31(noon dropoff)

Standard w/Upgrade to Fullsize $819.41
Midsize w.Upgrade to Standard $760.72
Midsize SUV $787.98
PREMIUM $837.97

Well those are my rates for my dates. I am hoping for Midsize SUV this year and may opt
for a Premium vehicle if I get a choice of a Cadillac or a Buick LaCrosse.

So post your quotes and lets watch for price drops together....READY...SET.... GO !!!

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::
I don't belong to Cost Co. If I use this code to book, will they ask for a cost co member number when I sign in?

Using Costco discount 7015309, Alamo started asking for Costco member number and last name on the card a while back.

I'm in! Using BJ's code and free upgrade code- $581.77 for midsize with free upgrade to a standard. No standard aisle, so we'll choose from the full size aisle. August 6-20. Last year we paid $443.39 for 2 weeks. I'll be watching for price drops!

August 14th to 27th. Usually prefer Alamo. Too early yet to book but I will be watching carefully. I usually find the best rates 3 to 5 weeks out using costco and insiders.

August 14th to 27th. Usually prefer Alamo. Too early yet to book but I will be watching carefully. I usually find the best rates 3 to 5 weeks out using costco and insiders.

Looks like we are looking for practically the same timeframe..You-8/14 - 8/27 Me-8/16 - 8/31. I prefer Alamo too. I think they are far more cooperative and pleasant than Avis, Budget, Thrifty and Dollar. Enterprise is part of them and not bad either but I never rented directly with Enterprise. I was allowed to choose a car from Enterprise side when I wasn't happy with my choices at Alamo. That's how I found out they were in the same company.

We are 8/16 to 8/31. It was way cheaper for us to fly into Tampa the cheapest I have found is 670.00 for a midsize. Still hoping I can get under 500.00 for the two weeks. Unless I want to rent from Fox!

Last edited:
Using the bj codes we got a mid size for 720.00 for two weeks still seems high. Hopefully in the end we can get it for 500.00 or so.

Last edited:
We are 8/16 to 8/31. It was way cheaper for us to fly into Tampa the cheapest I have found is 670.00 for a midsize. Still hoping I can get under 500.00 for the two weeks. Unless I want to rent from Fox!

We have the EXACT same dates but I haven't booked airfare yet. I usually come across the best airfare deals between May and June for August. I am hoping for full-size to be well under $500. Hoping for a price range of $300 :laughing:

Using the bj codes we got a mid size for 720.00 for two weeks still seems high. Hopefully in the end we can get it for 500.00 or so.

We have the EXACT same dates but I haven't booked airfare yet. I usually come across the best airfare deals between May and June for August. I am hoping for full-size to be well under $500. Hoping for a price range of $300 :laughing:

I haven't yet paid more than $400 for a full size rental for two weeks. Usually it is closer to $350 however in recent years it has not gone below that at Alamo.....at least not for me. My last rental in Orlando was 2 years ago with Budget for a full size 2 weeks for $307. That was booked 11 days before arrival.

We had over 500.00 in sky miles so flights for 4 of us were 272.00 with seats and I get free bags. Now if I can get my rental car that would be great.

I just tired to use the free upgrade code AU3Z64SDG to check my rates again on Alamo. It is telling me code is not working now. I got a quote to work a few weeks ago. Wondering if it expired. Anyone know or have a new free upgrade code for me? Thanks in advance!

I just tired to use the free upgrade code AU3Z64SDG to check my rates again on Alamo. It is telling me code is not working now. I got a quote to work a few weeks ago. Wondering if it expired. Anyone know or have a new free upgrade code for me? Thanks in advance!
It is working again.

We are going August 23 to September 1. hoping to get a good rate for a car.

Hi All,
I currently have a couple of car rental reservations going as I watch and wait in the hopes of a better price. I need a one way rental (arriving MCO 8/12 and dropping near Port Everglades for our cruise 8/17). So far the prices are a bit high $425 (Avis), $442 Alamo, and $530 (Enterprise) but I am checking frequently for any better deals.

Hi All,
I currently have a couple of car rental reservations going as I watch and wait in the hopes of a better price. I need a one way rental (arriving MCO 8/12 and dropping near Port Everglades for our cruise 8/17). So far the prices are a bit high $425 (Avis), $442 Alamo, and $530 (Enterprise) but I am checking frequently for any better deals.
Try EZ Rent A Car with the discount code EZLiving. We dealt with them last year and had a small problem, so they fixed it up right away for us. Good customer service.

Try EZ Rent A Car with the discount code EZLiving. We dealt with them last year and had a small problem, so they fixed it up right away for us. Good customer service.

Thanks just ran the numbers. I also ran the AutoSlash rec and it found Hertz for about $350 so I booked that. So far that's my best price going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter