August 2019 Discounts

gorjus121

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip mid-August of 2019. When does Disney typically release hotel/ticket pkg offers for next summer? Does free dining fall within the month of August? We plan on staying at the Yacht Club or Beach Club. Im unsure if I should just book a room & ticket package now. TIA.

If you're counting on a discount don't book until a discount drops.
If you don't care whether you get one then book exactly what you want now and then if/when a discount drops see if you are eligible for it.
Remember though the point of them offering a discount is because they need to bring people in. If people book up the rooms then they don't need to offer a discount.
Summer/fall discounts usually start coming out between March and April.
FD and RO discounts have been dropping near the end of April the last few years.
This year FD travel dates started on August 20th for general public and August 2nd for Disney Visa card members.
This year the RO travel dates started August 2nd for everyone.

Was wondering the same thing as we are planning a Disney trip for April/May of 2019. Some selections at various Disney resorts already show as booked. I think it makes sense if you want a specific resort to book the reservation and take advantage of any discounts that might be offered later. If you are flexible on travel dates, plan to drive instead of fly and aren't locked into a certain week due to such things as your office vacation schedule, then waiting for a possible discount would be an option. If traveling with other friends/family members, also makes sense to book your reservation to avoid the inconvenience of having to stay in different resorts because one is already filled.

I have no idea if/when a discount will ever be offered on some of Disney's most popular resorts.

Book now or fight for one later. You can modify the reservation later for the discount if your room type falls under it. If you wait, especially for popular resorts, you may be sorry like one of our friends that fights to get it the day the discount is launched. Just my opinion.

We're hoping for some type of discount as well for that time period. We will be arriving at the end of July through the first weekend in August.

Weird question. Planning to do perhaps a two week trip next August, late, to go over the Labor Day weekend. One week at valu/mod, and one week renting DVC points. The first week I hope to score free dining. Here is my pondering, and would appreciate others input on this speculation.

I researched the history of free dining, and see our fav mod POR has not had free dining promo for the last two years. The other factor is the Disney skyliner which may or may not be open next August. I am thinking the skyliner will make POP and A&A and CBR a hotter property pick then ever before if it's open.

Do you think that the FD for next fall, if it happens, will more likely be as it was this year (looks like the bounce back offer still has the usual suspects for next August) or do you think that will impact the resort selection that Disney offers? Or do you think Disney may not offer any FD at all next summer?

My personal speculation is that what is being offered on bounceback for next August will be what is offered in a limited amount of FD, as Disney does not have a specific date for skyliner opening, and The new Star Wars land will not be open until late fall 2019.

What do y'all think?
Just arm chair Disney dreaming over here....

Book now or fight for one later. You can modify the reservation later for the discount if your room type falls under it. If you wait, especially for popular resorts, you may be sorry like one of our friends that fights to get it the day the discount is launched. Just my opinion.
I’ll never wait to book again. Did it last year. Waited until 7 months out and not only did I not get a discount at 7:30am the day it came out, but I had to pay rack rate on a room category I didn’t want. I am already booked for my September 2019 to secure a room. I will change the dates if needed. I booked it in July and I went on recently to see if I should tweak my dates and they already don’t have rooms left for my resort and category I wanted. It’s 13 months out!

And my guess is they want to drive people in that might be holding off on their vacation to wait for GE to open. So I am believing there will be great discounts for us late summer early fall guests.
Speak it and it will come to pass! Lol

We're booked for August (the week of the DIS event :D). When discounts hit (usually in late April) for this timeframe...….we'll see what falls. We book a year out so we can save...…...being there is more important to us...….any discount is gravy. In the past we've gotten them so this works for us. :-)

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts