August 2020 Car Rental!

For anyone that receives the Mousesavers e-newsletter, take a look, they included a unique link for a discounted Hertz rate! Dropped my weekly rate down to $310 when it was $330 at Alamo previously.

My rates for alamo is still around $600, ouch!! It's for 13 days though, but still! Usually for 12 days in August I'm in the mid 300's. Not booking yet, holding out hope! We always use Alamo, but maybe I'll look around at the other companies-

My rate for 6 nights in August through Alamo is all in at $305. For a four door truck. Do I need a truck? Nope, but it's the least expensive rental that I can find at one of the airport rental counters.

Not sure who is still going but there is some movement on pricing through the costco site. I haven't see any change on my rez but car rates appear to be coming down finally

Yikes! Alamo prices went way up! I was at $268 for 5 days for the first week of Aug, now its $353! And thats with my VISA discount! W/o the discount its at $391. WOW! Was hoping the prices would move in the other direction!

Yikes! Alamo prices went way up! I was at $268 for 5 days the first week of Aug, now its $353! Thats a $85 increase! WOW! Was hoping the prices would move in the other direction!
Yikes, that's a jump.
I'm seeing higher than usual prices on Costco. We're mid-August but it's been holding steady for at least a month or two. Saw a brief dip twice this week for 7 days for a few dollars but not anywhere I'm hoping. (I paid that same price during the 2019 holidays for 12 days and two different airports.)

I have 14 days. Truck at Alamo was the cheapest when I booked it. It dropped 71 cents this morning. $587.50 is still painful though. Hoping it goes down by August or we may just have to suffer whatever park transportation is available.

Following as we are going first week of August. Rates are crazy right now, but hoping they will start dropping soon.

My Costco rate just went down. I booked an Intermediate from Alamo just this past Sunday for 8/2-8/12 $430.59. I just checked the rates today, and it's now down to $361. That's a bit more palatable. I like renting Full Size since I get the chance at a small SUV. But it's just me and my 2 kids this time, so an intermediate is just fine...

My Costco rate just went down. I booked an Intermediate from Alamo just this past Sunday for 8/2-8/12 $430.59. I just checked the rates today, and it's now down to $361. That's a bit more palatable. I like renting Full Size since I get the chance at a small SUV. But it's just me and my 2 kids this time, so an intermediate is just fine...

My rate early Aug has been a ping pong ball consistent in the high 300's. Still holding out hope we see that day or two it will bottom out for no reason and get a killer deal. Just keep checking daily and I bet we luck out at some point.

It has definitely been a different experience this year for car rates. Rates have been all over the place and never low. Right now I am currently with Alamo at $318. for a standard vehicle, 08/01 - 08/10 (8.5 day rental), using WDW Passholder discount and vehicle upgrade coupon. Not horrible, but the most I've ever paid.

My rate early Aug has been a ping pong ball consistent in the high 300's. Still holding out hope we see that day or two it will bottom out for no reason and get a killer deal. Just keep checking daily and I bet we luck out at some point.
Thank you for the reminder! I'd completely forgotten to check today after the airline we booked canceled our August flights so I was dealing with that (ended up getting a much better flight, price, and time! :) )
It looks like our mid-Aug dates dipped a little on Costco, but not enough to make me switch --- yet (it's with a different rental company which we had an issue with last time with the toll transponder thing, we turned it off and got charged anyway, it was a hassle to fix!)

Good luck everyone with getting that better rate! In the past, I've found the "sweet spot" is about six weeks out. Hopefully, we might see some movement soon for August.

7/30-8/9 and best I can do so far is a Premium with Thrifty for $444 (MCO pick up/drop off). Everything else is $500 or above except for compacts, but we have 4 people and luggage so that won't work for us. Hopefully I will whittle it down...I have NEVER in almost 18 years of rental cars at Disney paid more than $250 for similar timeframe/week.

The cost for the Alamo reservation I have is now $130 more on the website! I am glad I booked when I did but was hoping it would continue down, not up.

I now need a rental from Aug 3 for two weeks. OMG, I have never paid the price with taxes and fees in my life as they are asking right now!!! I am hoping the price goes down and quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter