August 2bd standard rooms -- BLT vs BWV

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
I'm currently booking rooms for a family trip for August, and had all these BLT points saved up. I was hoping to get two std 2bds at BLT, but most of the dates are gone already!!

I looked at the std BWV 2bds, and its completely open. Am I missing something? Is BLT std so much more desireable than the BWV stds, or is it that there are less 2bd stds? I always thought BWV std was a better deal, and would therefore be harder to get.

Also, I'm checking both the BLT 2bd villas vs. lockoffs. Looks like the villas are harder to come by (there are more days here and there with the lockoffs). I'm so puzzled. Ive waitlisted the lockoffs for the dates that are missing, and hope/expect it to come through. I'm just so surprised!

Love the 3 full bathrooms in BLT 2 bedroom. Bwv only has the 2 full bathrooms. Both sleep 9.

You won't get a BWV standard at seven months out. If you had BLT points and didn't book at 11 months out for the two bedroom standard, you waiting too long.

Lockoffs are villas. They are just the combination of a studio and a one bedroom. A two bedroom that is not a lockoff is called a dedicated two bedroom villa.

You won't get a BWV standard at seven months out. If you had BLT points and didn't book at 11 months out for the two bedroom standard, you waiting too long.

Lockoffs are villas. They are just the combination of a studio and a one bedroom. A two bedroom that is not a lockoff is called a dedicated two bedroom villa.

Yep, they may be open now, but your chances of two of them still being open at seven months is really slim. Even one of them is really slim.

There are more of them for the resort at BWV, there is less of a points differential (Lake View rooms at BLT are pricey, Theme park rooms are even pricier, compared to BWV Preferred/BWView rooms). BWV owners really really like that last quarter of the year, where BLT owners are more spread out throughout the year.

You will get a BWV 1 bed standard 7 months out in August, but less likely a 2 bed.
You will not get BLT standard in any category 7 months out in August- it’s the fastest group of rooms to go after AKV value and concierge.

I guess you waited a bit too long. The 11 month’s booking is getting more important when 10 months ahead is already too late.:crazy:

At 9 months for February 2018 there were no standard studios or 1BR at BLT. Just one data point.

Thank you-- I am just so surprised that a 2bd std (villa and lockoff) at Bay Lake literally disappears at the 11mo mark for August/September, while the 2bd std at BWV is still pretty wide open. I just booked a mid August 2bd, and a mid Sept 2bd, both standards and both were hard to get.

Also, I'm dealing with family drama (a sister and a brother) where no one wants to commit on the dates, and I have all these banked points that need to be used by a certain time, and the dates are fluid and constantly changing. I swear, I'm never doing a group trip with other families ever, never, ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,
Absolutely Frustrated!

You will get a BWV 1 bed standard 7 months out in August, but less likely a 2 bed.
You will not get BLT standard in any category 7 months out in August- it’s the fastest group of rooms to go after AKV value and concierge.

Oooh, I did not know that BLT std is the fastest group of rooms to go after the AKV value/concierge. I always thought it was the BWV std rooms that would be faster to go. Thanks!

Thank you-- I am just so surprised that a 2bd std (villa and lockoff) at Bay Lake literally disappears at the 11mo mark for August/September, while the 2bd std at BWV is still pretty wide open. I just booked a mid August 2bd, and a mid Sept 2bd, both standards and both were hard to get.

Also, I'm dealing with family drama (a sister and a brother) where no one wants to commit on the dates, and I have all these banked points that need to be used by a certain time, and the dates are fluid and constantly changing. I swear, I'm never doing a group trip with other families ever, never, ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,
Absolutely Frustrated!
That's why you don't invite family on your points. Unless they confirm it long before you even book it. You give them suggestions on how to book something, directly from Disney, DVC rental,offsite and let them figure it out and pay for it. Hope they don't disappoint you too much.

Oooh, I did not know that BLT std is the fastest group of rooms to go after the AKV value/concierge. I always thought it was the BWV std rooms that would be faster to go. Thanks!

I didn't know that either, but it did occur to me that 20% of BWV is standard. I wonder what the percentage of standard 2 bd villas is at BLT? Is it more or is it less?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter