August Adults and Solo Travelers

Patty, I will be there Aug 1- Aug 10...Staying at the Yacht Club. On the 3rd Myself and another diser will be having dinner at cape may at 6:00 ...you are welcome to join us if you want...My son and his girlfriend may also join us..unless they have other plans. Let me know
Cathy

My wife and I wil be staying at Coronado Springs for our 1 year anniversary (August 10th). Also, I'll be parasailing on August 8th outside the Contemporary.

Patty-

I will be dining at San Angel on 8/1 around 6 PM, and Tony's Tavern (WDW) on 8/2 once again sometime around 6 PM, haven't planned any other meals those as it was tough enough for me to pin myself down to 2 days. If you'd be interested in joining at all let me know. My email is available through my profile.

I'm taking my DD12 and DS18 Aug 2-7. We're staying at All Star Sports. Not my first choice, usually POP, but getting it for $59 a night. As a single mom, I can't be too picky. It doesn't look like many will be going that week. Probably lots of people getting ready to go back to school. Our schools start on Aug 13th so this will be a nice before school surprise trip for my DD.

Cindy

Cindy,
I would not assume that crowds will be low that week. I will be there Aug 5-10th and I have been told that all Disney resorts are sold out that week. So I am expecting major crowds. See you there!

Cindy,
I would not assume that crowds will be low that week. I will be there Aug 5-10th and I have been told that all Disney resorts are sold out that week. So I am expecting major crowds. See you there!

I think the past few years the beginning of August has been slow, mostly due to the fact that almost all FL kids were already back in school. This year a new law delays school openings for a few more weeks, so we are in uncharted territory when it comes to predicting crowds.

Cindy,

I didn't realize that they were sold out. Wow, I guess there's no telling how many people will be there. I know I've read on disboards that many are going towards the end of August for the free dining plan. But not everyone that goes is accounted for on disboards:confused3 , so I guess I'll just get ready for high crowd levels. Oh well, at least I get to go this year! See you there too!

Cindy

I booked a last minute SOLO trip August 9th through 12th and it was very hard to get a room. I kept trying different day combos and finally managed to get Port Orleans French Quarter, which thrilled me cause I just stayed there for a day on July 13th and really enjoyed the resort. Of course, I'm paying more than I want to for just me, especially since I'm preparing to move out in September (I'm 21 and a guy ... it's TIME, lol) but oh well ... you live once ... haha

Shawn,
Were you able to get any type of discount for those nights? I was able to get All Star Sports for $59 a night. I didn't know if they were offering discounts for any other resorts. But I'm going for Aug 2-7 so I'm not sure what days were actually being offered on the special. Hope you have a great trip.

Cindy

I booked through disneyworld.com. How about you? I have an AP (Annual Pass) and even then I really couldn't find any good deals. It was so last minute I was glad to get what I could. I'm kinda second guessing it, cause finances are getting pretty tight but oh well, haha ...

Sigh. Haha. What I do for the World .... lol

Where do a lot of you book with? What websites? Who's reliable? Who offers the best deals?

I was sent a postcard from Disney with a special code on it. It also gave me a phone number to call to make the reservation. That's the only reason I am able to take this trip. It was only for specific dates and when I called, All Star Sports was the only one available for $59. But it will be a nice little vacation before DD goes back to school. I'm driving (12 hrs:scared: ) but it is cheaper than flying and I also have left over tickets from last trip. I'm telling you this trip is on a budget, but like you said, what you do for the World.:rolleyes:

So I guess there are no girls on this forum who are going to WDW the week of 8/6 who like to get out on the dance floor and have fun? Oh well...:rolleyes1

:banana: :banana: :banana:
I am so excited. I'm finally leaving at 3am tomorrow morning for DisneyWorld. I've been steadily packing and trying not to leave out anything. I can't wait to see the look on my DD's face when she finds out we're really going to Disney instead of just a shopping trip. I hope all of you going in August have a great and safe trip. Now to keep my sanity on a 12 hour ride with my DS18 helping me drive:scared1: ...........

Cindy

:woohoo: All Star Sports :woohoo: August 2-7

Is anyone going to be at the Pirate and Princess Party on the 11th?

Calimouseking, where will you be busting your move?

40 yr old Dad traveling down on special trip with my 6 yr old daughter -- wondering if any other solo parents are staying at WL or nearby, and might want to meet up /team up.

The parks are a lot easier and fun with another adult to talk to etc...

Also open to spending time back at Lodge, if that would work

Write me back or post here?

Thanks!

I'll be there from 8/20-22. I'm accompanying my son to UFL and then spending a couple days at WDW before heading back to PA.

My husband and I are going to WDW from August 16th - August 21st and we cannot wait!!!

It's been 4 years since our last trip. Anyone have any tips of "Must-Dos"???

just look at the ticker.... i've been watchin it for months and now its finally gettin here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DW and I will be coming in Aug. 18th and leaving the 25th. It's going to be great! We are going to be going to both water parks during the week. I don't know the exact day we will be going to BB or TL but it will be AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2

~Aaron~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter