August good or bad time to go

I will clarify, though -- my experiences with extremely crowded conditions in February and particularly October were during periods that DID NOT intersect with school vacations and/or holidays -- they were specifically planned with that in mind after our experience in November (very uncrowded conditions during the second week in November, but as soon as Thanksgiving week began, crowds increased dramatically). I stand by my post and would never again visit in October, and only under protest in February.

Well, no dark clouds travel with me, I have been during value season times and the parks have been DEAD.

However, I went once during mid Oct, where many schools have a day off (especially in areas with a high numbers of Hispanics). In February there is a winter vacation, so several families get there earlier or extend by a few days.

Ignore Disney's definition of value, moderate, etc., seasons. Get a feel for which schools are out in which states and plan accordingly. I still find that the best time is right after Thanksgiving. And this year I am going back at the end of August, expecting fewer crowds like I encountered last year. If I ever feel the need for it, I'll try January

Wanda

We always go the last week of August into September and its fantastic! Crowds were low, weather beautiful! This year its 8/25-9/3.....same time as last year pretty much (beginning of value season) Last year we had 9 beautiful days, it only rained one evening for like a half hour. I would never switch times, you get right on rides and attractions, and there are people there, but not at all crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter