Aulani 1 or 2 bedroom, Ocean or Island View

emilyann415

DIS Veteran
There are only four of us, 2 adults and kids (8, 4) but I like the idea of having 2 separate bedrooms.....plus will I regret not getting an ocean view. It's not like we are going to Hawaii every year so I feel like I should just go big....but is a 2 bedroom overkill? Will I love the island view as much as the ocean view.....TIA

There are only four of us, 2 adults and kids (8, 4) but I like the idea of having 2 separate bedrooms.....plus will I regret not getting an ocean view. It's not like we are going to Hawaii every year so I feel like I should just go big....but is a 2 bedroom overkill? Will I love the island view as much as the ocean view.....TIA

We're going in June and same situation as you.....2 adults and 2 kids (14,12). We usually get the 2BR as well and have opted for the ocean view room. I just like the idea of sitting out on the balcony in the evening or morning to enjoy the ocean view.

We tend to go to WDW every other year and usually end up banking points so that also makes the decision a little easier for us!

I will preface this by saying I have not been to Aulani yet, but we absolutely prefer a 2 bedroom unit. There are 4 of us: DH, me, DS20 and DD16.

A 2 bedroom unit allows me to get up early without disturbing the kids and for DH and I to have our privacy. Plus, the extra bathroom makes all the difference! I actually prefer the 2 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms. DVC has made me a bit spoiled! ;)

If you want to save points the OP could book a 1BR instead. There would be two rooms for sleeping. In a 1BR you don't have the flexibility where the kids sleep in beds in a 2 BR. You have a pull out couch (a twin murphy bed in the TV hutch is only available in the lock off 2BRs). The negative of a 1BR is mom and dad can't use the living room at night or in the morning while the kids are asleep in a 1BR. But I wouldn't be surprised that the kids are ready to go before you will be.

Have you checked out the Aulani Villas and Views thread? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389 It will give you photos of all the views at Aulani.

Actually, our favorite view is the pool view. Little less points than ocean, but if you asked to be on the 5th floor (highest available in this category) you can still see some of the ocean. Also, we much prefer the Ewa Tower compared to Waianae.....the balconies are bigger and the room layout suits us better.

We opted for an island view to save points, but based on research on these boards, I was able to get an island view room with a peek of the ocean. It was overlooking the Starlit Hui and movies on the lawn, which was great. We found great views in other locations around the resort and didn't regret not getting the ocean view.

We had a 2bdrm because FIL came along with our family of four (kids were 11 and 9 at the time). It was great! I definitely think you could manage with a 1bdrm (we didn't spend a ton of time in our room), but if you prefer more space, go for it!

Actually, our favorite view is the pool view. Little less points than ocean, but if you asked to be on the 5th floor (highest available in this category) you can still see some of the ocean. Also, we much prefer the Ewa Tower compared to Waianae.....the balconies are bigger and the room layout suits us better.

I second this. We did a Studio Pool view and requested 5th floor Ewa towere. We could see some of the ocean and sit on our deck in the morning with coffee while the pool was quiet!

We went last year in August and it was fabulous. We hardly stayed in our room except to eat since there are so many things to do. Plus, you are in Hawaii and the ocean is right there. You'll only be in your room to eat, change, and sleep. Your kids are small enough where a one bedroom will be sufficient. Your kids will fight over and want to take turns on the cool pull down bed they have in the living room area. One will sleep in the ample sofa bed and the other in the pull down. There are separate balconies in both the master bedroom and living room. One bedroom will be plenty and then you can splurge on the view.

I would spend the extra points on ocean view every time! Although we did not spend much time in the room, I drank my coffee every morning on the balcony and my wine every evening. The ocean view was absolutely amazing. I would do 1 bed ocean view.

We have decided to forgo the 2 bedroom and sacrifice space for a view. It is more important. Thanks for all the opinions. Sometimes I think I know what the correct answer should be but I just need to hear others echo it for me to feel it is the right one....don't know why that is!

Thanks again,
Emily

I agree with the 1 bedroom. We were there this summer with our two girls (11 and 14). The 11 year old ended up sleeping in the pull down bed all week. She said it was really comfortable. I think the 1 bedroom will give you plenty of space.

when you booked your reservation did you receive an e-mail or did you call member services to request which tower or floor you would like

Going this July we booked a 1Br Ocean View ….cant wait, we definitely wanted the view…we like to sit on the balcony in the morning and also before we go to dinner…can't wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter