Aulani bed question

soxyes

Mouseketeer
Hello :-)

We stayed in Aulani in a 1 bdrm OV back in 2013. Our living room area had a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair.

This time we have reserved a 2 Bdrm OV. Reading the descriptions online, it sounds like now there's a sleeper sofa and the pull down bed under the TV.

Does anyone know which is the case (the sleeper chair or the pull down bed)?

Thanks!
Sharon :flower3:

It is a pull down bed from under the tv cabinet like at the Polynesian villas if you are familiar with them.
Looks like furniture and it wasn’t till end of week I remembered it was there. My DD was not amused at all after sleeping with grandma all week:duck::scared::p
Kerri

We just got back from Aulani on Saturday and were in a two-bedroom, ocean-view room (#1450) which had the sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair (no pull-down bed under the TV). Perhaps they have both versions and it varies by room.

Thanks! I posted this question in the DVC section and it appears you're both correct. It sounds like the dedicated 2 bdrms have the sleeper chair and the lock off 2 bedrooms have the pull down bed under the TV.

We have only 8 people going, but there are two 18 year old boys ("young men"), so we're making sure we can have separate beds for them. I spoke to Aulani's front desk yesterday-- learned they rent air mattresses for this purpose, but it sounds like the catch is that they aren't reserved in advance (so not guaranteed). I'm not a fan of uncertainty so I'm planning to bring our own.

I'm such a dork--- just hearing Aloha and Mahalo from their front desk staff was so exciting! :-)

I'd probably take a bed too; sometimes the stress of 'not guaranteed' isn't worth it.

I'm pretty sure I smiled every time I heard Aloha or Mahalo while there. Coming back home to the gloomy midwest was depressing!

I might just have to call now and hear the music LOL!
I remember calling and booking spa and such and loved hearing it. The wait time was quite lovely:-)
Ugh having to pack an air mattress yuck... but I hear you I am absolutely Not a fan of uncertainty.
Happy planning
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts