Aulani-Differences between dedicated 2 bedroom vs 2 bedroom lock off

justkeepswimmin

DIS Veteran
I am getting ready to book our 3rd trip to Aulani in a few days and a have a few questions about the 2 bedroom units I am hoping someone here can help answer. We usually stay in a 1 bedroom unit but I am allowing my oldest daughter to bring a friend this trip so we will need a larger room.

My understanding from searching the forums is that the dedicated 2 bedroom has an extra 1/2 bath, is this correct? Also can some one confirm that there is no murphy bed under the TV in the dedicated 2 bedroom?

What about balconies? Looking at a floorplan, there looks to be only 2 separate balconies in the dedicated 2 bedroom? If we got a lockoff, am I correct to assume we would have 3 balconies? Last time we stayed in a 1 bedroom OV and we had a small balcony off the master and another off the living room. As I recall, view category/ building makes a difference. We will be booking either Island or Pool view this trip.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Yes the dedicated 2 bedroom does not have the murphy bed and there are 2 balconies - one off the master and one off the living room and second bedroom (separate door, same balcony). There is a 1/2 bath in a dedicated 2 bedroom.
The lock off is essentially a 1 bedroom villa that is attached to a studio (I don't think it is a hotel room it is attached to). If that is the case, the second bedroom may have a queen and a sofa sleeper where a dedicated will have 2 queen beds in the second room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!