Aulani Grand Villa view question

NewEngland47

Earning My Ears
I just snagged an ocean view GV at Aulani for a trip in January and am a little concerned that from looking at pictures there seem to be GV on low floors (floors 2, 3 and maybe 4) in "male" tower that are classified as OV but seem from pictures to be partially or even mostly blocked by trees. I've been hesitant to request EWA tower in case the long anticipated construction on Atlantis starts by Jan - as Ewa would be right next to the construction - but has anyone heard of an OVGV at Aulani with a blocked or disappointing view? Would hate to blow 1000 points on a view of trees!

Yes, we were initially assigned to a 4th floor OV GV in the Waianae tower a few months back. Our view was just of palm fronds. We talked to the front desk and fortunately were able to be moved to a higher floor (11 in this case).

Yes, we were initially assigned to a 4th floor OV GV in the Waianae tower a few months back. Our view was just of palm fronds. We talked to the front desk and fortunately were able to be moved to a higher floor (11 in this case).
Thanks for the heads up - although that's frustrating that the views are blocked that high up (I think the OV GV start at 2nd floor) but they're still considered OV. I wonder if we should request Ewa tower as it looks like there are less trees on that side and I really, really don't want to be the one at check in that throws the hissy fit - I have never been that person but for a ten day GV stay trees just won't cut it :-).

Although on second thought as I am writing this I am realizing how much of a spoiled person I am - I am beyond lucky to be going there in the first place! And beyond lucky that this even ranks as something I am concerned about / thinking about in life - time to keep some perspective, right?

We spent 10 days in that GV (the one on the 11th floor) this trip and I agree with your sentiment. Of course, no hissy fit is really needed. Just a calm chat with the front desk (perhaps a manager) about how disappointed you are in the "view", especially as its billed as OV. If they have availability they will move you. If not, they will offer to move you once a better one opens up.

Yes, perspective is important though. 1st world problems. :)

We spent 10 days in that GV (the one on the 11th floor) this trip and I agree with your sentiment. Of course, no hissy fit is really needed. Just a calm chat with the front desk (perhaps a manager) about how disappointed you are in the "view", especially as its billed as OV. If they have availability they will move you. If not, they will offer to move you once a better one opens up.

Yes, perspective is important though. 1st world problems. :)

Great advice all around! Thanks!

Agree it's nice of all to acknowledge the perspective. Still, it is indeed a stressful issue and I'm sure we can all empathize. So much left to chance and especially when the cost and/or points are the same. If stuck low in that regard would be great to get some considerations from them in some manner.

@kruegeme Not a great view of the ocean. We prefer a higher floor GV in that tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!