Aulani Meal Plan?

aclov

DIS Veteran
Is there a meal plan at Aulani? I thought I read something in the newsletter referencing a meal plan.

Unless something has changed since I was there in June, there is no meal plan at Aulani. However, I do remember seeing that Aulani was running a promotion where for each room booked at full price a child got a free meal plan. I don't remember what the dates were for the promotion. Maybe that is a sign of things to come.

No meal plan of any kind when we were there last week. However, across the street from Aulani and back towards the main entrance is an Island Country Market, a BBQ restaurant and a Mexican restaurant that have very good food and very reasonable prices.

And a little further back up the road they have a Safeway and other food stores. We did all our breakfasts in the room and had a couple of dinners to. Lunches tended to be out since we were either exploring the island or doing something else. We had the 1 BR with full kitchen....it was so nice I actually didn't mind cooking up some meals, making some sandwiches, etc.

It is in the new Disney Files. It is the DVC Family Meal Program. You order family style dinners through private dining to be delivered to your villa. Serves 4 and is entree, side dishes, salad, and dessert. You can increase the portions in servings of 2.

Miz Diz said:
It is in the new Disney Files. It is the DVC Family Meal Program. You order family style dinners through private dining to be delivered to your villa. Serves 4 and is entree, side dishes, salad, and dessert. You can increase the portions in servings of 2.

When we were there in June we considered doing this but didn't try it. You order through room service and prices varied depending on the entrees chosen. I think I figured out that after automatic gratuities and delivery fees the cheapest dinner for four was around 90-100.

This is the link from the Disney Blog about this same thing

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...n-club-members-at-aulani-a-disney-resort-spa/

We ordered the pasta on our trip in June and we really enjoyed it! More than enough food for the 4 of us. It would have easily feed 5. We thought the salad was excellent and the pasta was good. Not fine dining but definately liked it very much and would do it again. We opened our doors and listened to the live music just below our room it was great ambiance! I am not one to cook on vacation but it was nice to enjoy a regular meal in our villa. I wish the other DVC resorts would do the same thing.

We also did the pasta dinner for 5 of us(dinner for 4). Sure it cost more than making it yourself, but certainly less expensive than going out. The staff that delivered it were very nice. Plenty of food including desert. There was also a salmon dinner, chicken and meatloaf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter