Aulani soon? car rental sale

blondietink

DIS Veteran
We will be in Honolulu and Aulani in 2 weeks. Checked our car rental and the rates have dropped a lot! Now paying less than $250.00 for a full size for 11 days! Our Maui rental dropped also. Have saved almost $300.00 on the 2 rentals!

I randomly checked our October Jeep rental this morning and it dropped from $450 to $350 through Costco.

Which rental car company are you using? I checked today and still the lowest I can find for October is $260 full size for 5 nights on Oahu and same price for 5 nights on Kauai. I don't have Costco, so I can't do that.

Which rental car company are you using? I checked today and still the lowest I can find for October is $260 full size for 5 nights on Oahu and same price for 5 nights on Kauai. I don't have Costco, so I can't do that.

Mine is with Enterprise. If you have AAA try that too

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I went through the discounthawaiicarrentals dot com site. When I saw the price drop I called them on the phone and they cancelled my old reservation and confirmed the new price with a new reservation number. The old reservation was through Thrifty and the new one is with Enterprise. The lady told me to keep checking as the rates could drop up until 2 days before our trip starts.

On the Trip Advisor website there are nothing but good reviews for this rental company.

I can't believe we got a full size car on Oahu for 11 days for $249.75 and on Maui the same car class for $285.84 also for 11 days. This includes all the taxes and fees. :thumbsup2

Now if only the price of a minivan will come down, I would be really happy and switch.

I went through the discounthawaiicarrentals dot com site. When I saw the price drop I called them on the phone and they cancelled my old reservation and confirmed the new price with a new reservation number. The old reservation was through Thrifty and the new one is with Enterprise. The lady told me to keep checking as the rates could drop up until 2 days before our trip starts.

On the Trip Advisor website there are nothing but good reviews for this rental company.

I can't believe we got a full size car on Oahu for 11 days for $249.75 and on Maui the same car class for $285.84 also for 11 days. This includes all the taxes and fees. :thumbsup2

Now if only the price of a minivan will come down, I would be really happy and switch.

That is amazing! I went through Discount Hawaii too and am paying those prices for a full-size for just 5 nights. My reservation is through Budget. I could do Alamo for $215 but I think they are offsite at HNL and I'd rather not mess with that. Keep us updated!

Do you have to go to each company individually to check the discount you may be eligible for? I am a AAA and Costco member.

Thanks!!!! Appreciate your help.

If you search from within Costco's website, they search all eligible companies.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Found a great rate with Enterprise through the Entertainment Book for our Kauai rental a couple of days ago. Checked again today and the rate was higher, so I'm glad I booked it when I did. Still waiting for Oahu October rentals to come down in price. I can get a good rate through Alamo, but aren't they offsite while most others are onsite at HNL?

So glad I saw this post! We are headed to Aulani with family over Thanksgiving so we needed two cars. I just repriced my rental at Costco and the price has gone down by $80 for each car. That is a total savings of $160! :cool1:

Checked rates for October today and they have gone down again. Woohoo! Stuck with Enterprise using an Entertainment Book discount and saved another $50. Paying less for our rental car on Kauai for a full-size than we paid for a compact at WDW last October.

Thanks so much for the update! I just rechecked rates at Costco Travel and the rates have come down a little for a standard car, but the best part is that it will only cost $50 to upgrade to a minivan. :banana:

Just rebooked thru Alamo for minivan Oct for 9 days at HNL When I first made a reservation a couple of months back it was $600+. Now we are down to $271 and that includes a carseat, taxes and fees.

I'll keep checking up till the day we leave.

I tried Hotwire, Costco and Discount HI, Discount HI had a soft top Jeep for 290.00 vs 600.00 for a regular convertible for 10/22-29. The Jeep is through Enterprise. Thanks everyone for the info.

We have dropped our original reservation with Alamo for a Full Size car by $79. :cool1:

Just keep checking, just keep checking...
Dreams

I checked our reservation again this morning and the price dropped again by about $70.

We are now paying $285 for a soft top Jeep Wrangler for 9 days. There are a few other classes of cars that are half the price for that same time period but my fiance really wants the jeep and I'm happy that we are paying less than half of what they were going for when we initially booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter