Aulani- studio or one bedroom and child safety

Pepkin

Earning My Ears
We're excitedly planning our first visit to Aulani. I'm trying to decide between a studio ocean view and one bedroom pool view. Pricing is similar, so it's a question of whether the size is worth giving up some view. Also, I'm concerned about my small children sleeping by a balcony door, while I'm back in a bedroom, asleep... especially since they are early risers. Are there any safety lock features on the balcony doors?

I like having the extra space w/the kitchen, the washer and dryer avail when I need it, but I guess it depends how long you are staying there. In terms of the safety, yes there is a safety latch hook thing for the patio door.

The balcony doors are extremely heavy. My 12 and 10 year olds had a hard time opening the doors. Yes, I think there's a lock that's high, and you could always put some furniture in front of the doors at night.

I'd go with the space in the 1bdrm. We had an island/garden view and requested a room in the Ewa tower on a high floor facing the island and had a partial view of the ocean.

We just got back from Aulani and the sliding doors are very heavy. I had a hard time opening the door at times.

Doors are VERY HEAVY!

There is a lock at the very top(high) up if I can remember correctly and a latch on the slider part too I believe....

Thanks! That makes me feel better about the balcony. Looks like we're doing the 1 bedroom. DH really wanted an ocean view, so I'm hoping we get high enough for a glimpse. Either way, it sounds like it'll be worth the convenience and space for five nights.

You will probably love the convenience of a 1 BR, more room for families!!! Washer/Dryer, Full Kitchen Facilities!!! :thumbsup2

ENJOY!!!!!!!!:woohoo::)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter