Aulani trip report

juju12345

Mouseketeer
Just got back yesterday from our first trip to Hawaii. We flew from Nashville and stayed one night near LAX (I do not recommend embassy suites- loud and poor service) and flew hawaiian airlines to HNL which was nice.
Room- island garden view 1451- nice, clean two bedroom with everything we needed. Perfect for our family of 5.
Pools- we stayed at the grotto pool bc we found it warmest and loved the hot tub there. It’s near restrooms and bar and ulu cafe. If no chairs, they have cubbies. The day before, grab your pool wristbands and your towels. Towel lines were long at 8am. I had no trouble getting 4 chairs in shade going down there right at 8am.
Drinks- all the alcohol drinks at aulani were very weak. I tried 4-5 over the week and they were all delicious but I couldn’t tell any alcohol in them. Best drink of the week was Mai tai across street at Monkeypod- delicious and strong and good price at happy hour. I got a refillable cup but they need to fix the drink situation. I found the ice machines didn’t work over half the week and the freestyle machine cokes were flat 90% of the time. Tried other flavors and they tasted off to me. Maybe that’s what happens at freestyle machines idk.
Food- got instacart Safeway and worked out great. One morning dropped kids at club and had Off the Hook breakfast for me and husband was delicious and beautiful view. Had Makhiki character breakfast and it was delicious and huge portions!! Great character interaction. I feel like picture should be included in price. Mama’s snack shop- coconut shrimp was delicious. Ono sandwich wasn’t great. Off the Hook dinner for all five of us was good but too expensive for what we got. We went across street for happy hour at Mekiko Cantina- they have great $5 happy hour specials and we loaded up on those and it was delicious and a great value!! We also went to Monkeypod one night for happy hour and it was great- $12 individual pizzas that had unique topping and very filling. The kids meals were great and the drinks were discounted and delicious. I would’ve rather gone there twice instead of trying out Off the Hook.
Excursions- did the Shaka app and it was amazing. Left aulani 8:30am and got back after 5pm and still didn’t see everything we wanted. Saw Byodo temple, sharks cove, food trucks, dole plantation just for dole whip and gift shop, Teds bakery, and a few random beaches along the way. Highly highly highly recommend this app. I wish we had done two days of it. Also we did the ocean joy morning snorkel. It was easy 20 min walk from aulani to marina. Perfect snorkeling morning! Crew was amazing and the food and drinks were great!! Highly recommended to buy photo package for $40 also.
Any questions please ask!

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0247.jpeg
    IMG_0247.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0239.jpeg
    IMG_0239.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0142.jpeg
    IMG_0142.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0322.jpeg
    IMG_0322.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 24
We too thought the refillable drinks were flat and ice was either out or clogged the machine. Aulani needs to space out those machines as it was crowded most times trying to maneuver in that area. I agree Mama's Snack Shop - we liked the coconut shrimp!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter