Aulani Villas & Views -- Updated 03/21/2017

Darn you photobucket! hahaha We're arriving in 2 weeks and I wanted to check out various pool view photos now that the trip is close. :headache:

We arrived here yesterday and hat bit the bullet and booked an island view instead of ocean view so we could stay longer. Our gamble paid off and we are in villa 1653 ..... 16th floor looking out over the golf course. We can see Diamond Head in the distance and it is great to watch the sun rise over the mountains. I don't have a photo bucket account, so can't upload a picture.

We arrived here yesterday and hat bit the bullet and booked an island view instead of ocean view so we could stay longer. Our gamble paid off and we are in villa 1653 ..... 16th floor looking out over the golf course. We can see Diamond Head in the distance and it is great to watch the sun rise over the mountains. I don't have a photo bucket account, so can't upload a picture.

Good for you! I ended up booking a Standard - debated that vs. ocean but some of the views they are calling Ocean I would have been really disappointed in. I pictured Hotel Del Coronado in San Diego ocean view...some of these are at angles and slivers. Not the ocean front I envisioned....

Love all the pictures shared. I'm definitely looking into booking a trip! I would love to go to Hawaii and make it Disney style!

We just returned from a two week vacation. My wife worked with the front desk at Aulani to get room 1189 located at the end of the Ewa building. This is the 3 bedroom grand villa. Below are just a few pictures from the balcony. From the right side you can look directly down to see the barbecue grills. The left offers a view of the main pool.

Disney%20Aulani%202017.jpg

Waianae Building taken from pool area

IMG_0112.jpg

View from Balcony

IMG_2014.jpg

View from right side of Balcony

IMG_1997.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_1993.jpg

Living Room

IMG_1999.jpg

Smaller of the double queen rooms

IMG_1995.jpg

Master Bedroom

IMG_1996.jpg

Master Bathroom

Last edited:
Welcome back. Unfortunately your pictures don't show up.

We've stayed in Grand Villas four times now but only once in the Ewa tower when we had 989. Love the GV's there!!!!

Trying to choose between Studio. No more Standard Views for our dates. Is it worth paying a bit more for Pool View over Island View? I couldn’t tell with the available pictures.

Trying to choose between Studio. No more Standard Views for our dates. Is it worth paying a bit more for Pool View over Island View? I couldn’t tell with the available pictures.
"worth" is such a difficult measure. The pool view is nice to be sure. But the Island View isn't that horrible. How much is the difference?

"worth" is such a difficult measure. The pool view is nice to be sure. But the Island View isn't that horrible. How much is the difference?
16$ per night (1 point)
But looking at pictures, it seemed to me that some IV were better than PV and I do not expect to spend a lot of time on the balcony or in the room.

Last edited:
At that minor difference, I think I'd spend the extra for the pool view but be sure to request an upper floor so you are above the trees.

At that minor difference, I think I'd spend the extra for the pool view but be sure to request an upper floor so you are above the trees.

I thought I would let you know that if you wanted to book a poolside garden view, the highest floor would be the fifth floor and not above the trees. An upper floor above the trees would be an ocean view room.

I thought I would let you know that if you wanted to book a poolside garden view, the highest floor would be the fifth floor and not above the trees. An upper floor above the trees would be an ocean view room.
Yes, thank you. I kept reading reviews and found out about the Pool View being lower floors just before reserving. :magnify: Since I like a lot of light, more than a specific view, I booked the Island View and asked for a upper floor in the Ewa building. And those 16$ per night will go to purchasing an extra shaved ice or something :thumbsup2

Edit: I’ll add a picture when I am back.

Yes, thank you. I kept reading reviews and found out about the Pool View being lower floors just before reserving. :magnify: Since I like a lot of light, more than a specific view, I booked the Island View and asked for a upper floor in the Ewa building. And those 16$ per night will go to purchasing an extra shaved ice or something :thumbsup2

Edit: I’ll add a picture when I am back.

Nice choice in your request! And I like your thinking - I'm always game for an extra shave ice :) Look forward to seeing pics!

For those of you who have put in requests to Member Services via the email form on the DVC Member website, did you actually get a reply from MS? I emailed a request a couple days ago, and nothin'...

Also, do we have any idea which studios have the bed and pullout sofa side-by-side facing the TV, as opposed to the sofa angling kitty-corner towards the bed and not facing the TV? I'd like to specifically request the former for our OV studio.

For those of you who have put in requests to Member Services via the email form on the DVC Member website, did you actually get a reply from MS? I emailed a request a couple days ago, and nothin'...

When we've made room requests, we've always called.

It takes a while sometimes, but we’ve always received a reply in email. I actually prefer it bc I can include in quotes a short ideal statement for them to insert. When I’ve called in the past to confirm, it’s exactly there as written in the email.

I tried to use the email form a couple weeks ago for our upcoming stay, but never received a reply, so I contacted via the chat, and they were able to add my request. They did confirm that the email request was not logged, so I'm pretty sure you'll receive a reply if it goes through correctly.

I have been reading posts for a couple of days trying to figure out what requests to make. Help lol! We have been to WDW many times and I know what to request there but I just can't seem to get a handle on Aulani.
I have booked two studios...one for my DH and myself and one for my two sons and DIL's. The first five nights are in an Island Gardens View and the last three nights are in an Ocean View.
Any recommendations on what to request for the best views? From reading posts it seems that EWA building, highest floor is a good start for both OV and IV.
We are looking looking forward to this once in a lifetime trip for our family!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I plan on calling MS this week with our requests and just want to ask for some decent areas. Thank you in advance:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!