Aulani vs. HH

thunderjones

Earning My Ears
My family and I just got back from Hilton head and couldn't of had a better vacation. I'm wondering what the activities for children look like at the other Beach club resorts? Are they as interactive as what we experienced in Hilton Head (campfires, crafts, stories) or are they more focused on the location itself.

My daughter is almost 6 years old and I couldn't have imagined a better vacation for her fall break.

Thoughts?
Experiences?

I think you will find the answer to much of your question by looking at the DIS Aulani page here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/aulani-hawaii-resort/

On that page it goes into detail about all the ativities for both kids and teens...as you page down there are sample copies off the Daily Iwa (the resorts daily activity log) which lists each days activities.

The other aspect of Aulani which has no rival amongst other DVC resorts is the Waikolohe Valley .... just look at the pictures and you will see what I am talking about.

Also be sure to check out Auntie's Beach House and all the activities tied in with that as well.

Let me add to what Cinderpamela has posted. Aulani has Auntie's Beach House, which is a great play area for kids 3-12. No other DVC resort has anything like it. There are all sorts of activities for kids, from costume dress-up and make believe, to computers, to arts & crafts, to watching DVDs. I would be shocked if a six-year-old wouldn't love spending a lot of time at Auntie's Beach House.

Here are some photos of Auntie's Beach House:

file_zpsba554fc8.jpg

file_zps5e178d72.jpg

file_zps2d639db1.jpg

file_zps30fd1032.jpg

Let me add to what Cinderpamela has posted. Aulani has Auntie's Beach House, which is a great play area for kids 3-12. No other DVC resort has anything like it. There are all sorts of activities for kids, from costume dress-up and make believe, to computers, to arts & crafts, to watching DVDs. I would be shocked if a six-year-old wouldn't love spending a lot of time at Auntie's Beach House.

I would agree with this but would add that my 9 YO DS and 11 YO DD were bored. The beach house seems to be geared toward younger children.

I would agree with this but would add that my 9 YO DS and 11 YO DD were bored. The beach house seems to be geared toward younger children.

Go figure, my 8 and 12 year old loved it lol. They enjoy the kids clubs on the cruise ships too and I found them similar. They also really enjoyed the programming you had to sign up for (stitch goo, volcano,etc).

Funny how kids are so different!

My 9 and almost 12 year olds refused to go into Aunty's, but they generally don't like kids clubs anywhere. Fortunately at Aulani there were also family activities such as Ohana Hula. For the most part we had to force them to get off the slides or lazy river to do anything else. They did enjoy the Menehune Trail, which we did multiple days.

Our kids loved the pool area the best too:) but I'm glad they enjoyed the clubs, it gave them time to play with other kids and gave us some grown up time.

We did the menehune trail too and had fun, I'm glad it saves your place in the game so you can do it over time.

Other family activities we enjoyed: the ohana hula, the family animation class (loved this!), movies on the lawn, lei making.

We missed a lot too though! Excited to go back in a few months:)

We haven't been to Aulani (yet) but I HAVE been to Hawaii 4x before and to HHI once. I can't imagine comparing HHI to Aulani in the same sentence. Hawaii is HAWAI'I and Hilton Head is...a mid-Atlantic beach. There is so much to see and do in Hawaii and it is SOOO beautiful whereas with HHI you're just kinda there. Sitting on a flat beach. Trying to avoid jelly fish. Looking for a shady umbrella. Waiting for waves that never really happen (there). Hawaii is THE most amazing place. If you can possibly get there you should GO!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter