Aulani: wristbands for pool?

DisneyDiva4ever

Always Disney Dreamin'
Hello -

I'm wondering if anyone who has been to Aulani recently can help me.

Is there a system in place to track resorts guests? For instance, do all resort guests need to wear wristbands to use the pools / Aulani grounds?

I'm going to be visiting the resort for 1 day from the "Wonder," when Disney cruises to Hawaii next month. Disney is not offering any cruise excursions to the resort, so I booked my own room there even though I will not even stay the night. Some of the people in my group want to do the Pearl Harbor excursion and then swing over to Aulani to see the resort. They will only be on the grounds for 3-4 hours. I'm wondering if they try to meet up with me (a paying resort guest), will they be able to check out the pools for a couple of hours?

I don't mind paying for a room for 1 night, as I will get to use the resort all day. However, my sis is against paying for a room just so that she can visit the place for the afternoon. Not sure what to tell her, so I thought I'd ask the experts on the DIS!

Any help on this topic is much appreciated!

When we were there in September, you had to have a wrist band on to get into the pools, slides, water play area, or lazy river.

Each day the wrist band was a different color.

You can wander around the resort and see things, but the life guards had eagle eyes for the wrist bands while we were there.

Hello -

I'm wondering if anyone who has been to Aulani recently can help me.

Is there a system in place to track resorts guests? For instance, do all resort guests need to wear wristbands to use the pools / Aulani grounds?

I'm going to be visiting the resort for 1 day from the "Wonder," when Disney cruises to Hawaii next month. Disney is not offering any cruise excursions to the resort, so I booked my own room there even though I will not even stay the night. Some of the people in my group want to do the Pearl Harbor excursion and then swing over to Aulani to see the resort. They will only be on the grounds for 3-4 hours. I'm wondering if they try to meet up with me (a paying resort guest), will they be able to check out the pools for a couple of hours?

I don't mind paying for a room for 1 night, as I will get to use the resort all day. However, my sis is against paying for a room just so that she can visit the place for the afternoon. Not sure what to tell her, so I thought I'd ask the experts on the DIS!

Any help on this topic is much appreciated!

Depending on the number of guests who will be visiting you while you are there you can always add some of them to your room reservation. As long as you are at or under the room capacity I believe you should be fine.

We will be making our first Aulani trip next year so don't know from first hand experience. But if you are paying for a room, whatever "guests" are included should be able to get a wrist band from what I understand.

Have been 2 times so far (sep for opening and jan) heading back in May. At the start you just needed a room key. In Jan they had a computer and were checking you off the room list and you could only get 1 band for the day. So they are getting tougher. They will also kick you out of the pool and chairs if you don't have a band and it's crowded.

I've been asking if they have any plans on selling day passes to Waikolohe Valley and the answer has been no.

Thanks for the responses on this topic. Your info is very helpful to me! I figured this would be a tough situation. Unless you have a room at Aulani, you won't be participating in much at Aulani. I'm excited to visit and see if it's something that I want to fly kids back to in a couple of years. Hopefully, we'll get to do a lot in the 10 hours we'll be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter