Aulani

kshark1958

Mouseketeer
The wife and I will be going to Hawaii next year. We plan on staying at Aulani. We were thinking of the ocean view 1 bedroom but noticed it is 63 points more then an island garden view. To stay in the ocean view room we would have to borrow a larger amount of points from the following year which I really don't want to do but will do if the view is worth it. Has anyone stayed in either room and can you please give me an opinion if the ocean view is worth it and how nice is the garden view. I noticed their isa pool garden room but that is close in points to ocean view so I would do the ocean view since the points are close

I stayed in an OV studio in June 2011(in the DVC tower) and my view was of the ocean, mountain, and I overlooked the pool area. I was on the 16th floor. I liked the view, but I honestly didn't sit out on my balcony at all to take advantage of it. I mainly used the view to see what the weather was like in the morning. If you don't want to spend the extra points, you don't have to. My room faced the hotel tower. When they finish with all the DVC rooms, I would imagine that the OV rooms will be overlooking Ama'Ama which will be solid OV.

We had a studio pool garden view on the 5th floor. It had a nice view of the ocean too. We loved it. We sat out on the balcony every morning to drink coffee. And again in the evenings. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We could see everything that was going on in the resort. I personally would need to have that view again.

You should check out this thread. People have been posting pics of their various views from each type of unit so maybe you can get an idea of whether or not you want to spring for the extra points from looking through a few of the posts.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389.

We opted for an OV studio because we only had to borrow 3 points from our next UY in order to do it. We don't own enough points to go for the larger units but so figured we should at least splurge on the view for our studio. From the pics posted in this thread it appears that many of the "island garden views" also include a substantial view of parking structures or the neighboring resorts...but even a few of the "ocean views" include some of these structures in their views too...but the OV's are on higher floors so they aren't as prominent.

I've just returned, and had an island/garden view. We were on the 10th floor. When out on our balcony, we had views of the neighboring mountains, and to the far left, you could see the ocean. However, we were located directly above the Aulani parking structure, with a clear view of Marriotts parking structure as well. I felt like the parking structure views we had were more prominent than the view of the mountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter