Aunty's Free Activities Registration

Registered my son on Saturday and got an email back a few hours later, confirming the registration had been submitted. There was nothing about schedule of requested free activities...does this come in a separate email?

Registered my son on Saturday and got an email back a few hours later, confirming the registration had been submitted. There was nothing about schedule of requested free activities...does this come in a separate email?
Yes - separate email. Most of us seemed to get that a day or 2 after submitting the registration. I think some people early on waited longer for it, back when it was still a bit of a new process.

I know this is an older thread, but bumping to see if any of this has changed. We are going in November so I'm about a month away from 90 days. Is the online process and the drop in about the same?
Thanks!

I know this is an older thread, but bumping to see if any of this has changed. We are going in November so I'm about a month away from 90 days. Is the online process and the drop in about the same?
Thanks!
I'm wondering the same thing. How was your experience since you were there in Nov?

The online registration seems the same. Same form, and same activities. I registered my kid for March's trip. Haven't heard from them yet.

I'm wondering the same thing. How was your experience since you were there in Nov?

We loved Aulani and the kids loved Aunties. We ended up taking them there 3 times at least. Twice for the two activities we pre-signed up for, another time while we were at the spa, and I think my son dropped in one more time. We were there the week after Thanksgiving, and although it was not a holiday week the resort seemed close to full. I was up early in the mornings and only once saw one mom waiting outside before opening time. It didn't make sense to wait early because they send everyone to the back door for open play and then you have to come around to the front to check in for drop off. But I guess if there was a long line there we would have been in it. We signed them up for meals when we dropped off. There were a few days when mid-day a sign said it was full for drop offs.
We did try once to sign up for another planned activity and it was full. Otherwise the sign up process was pretty similar to what's described above.

One thing I'll say about Annies that slightly bugged us: when the kids were there for free play they got a LOT of screen time. Both loved the video game tables and my daughter always ended up in the movie room. I get it, Disney is a media company. When we're on vacation we try to limit the amount of time they sit in front of screens, and most child care providers we use don't have any screen time except the occasional rainy day movie. So if that's something that bothers you, beware. For us it just meant it was really, really hard to pull the kids out of there because they were glued to screens.

We loved Aulani and the kids loved Aunties. We ended up taking them there 3 times at least. Twice for the two activities we pre-signed up for, another time while we were at the spa, and I think my son dropped in one more time. We were there the week after Thanksgiving, and although it was not a holiday week the resort seemed close to full. I was up early in the mornings and only once saw one mom waiting outside before opening time. It didn't make sense to wait early because they send everyone to the back door for open play and then you have to come around to the front to check in for drop off. But I guess if there was a long line there we would have been in it. We signed them up for meals when we dropped off. There were a few days when mid-day a sign said it was full for drop offs.
We did try once to sign up for another planned activity and it was full. Otherwise the sign up process was pretty similar to what's described above.

One thing I'll say about Annies that slightly bugged us: when the kids were there for free play they got a LOT of screen time. Both loved the video game tables and my daughter always ended up in the movie room. I get it, Disney is a media company. When we're on vacation we try to limit the amount of time they sit in front of screens, and most child care providers we use don't have any screen time except the occasional rainy day movie. So if that's something that bothers you, beware. For us it just meant it was really, really hard to pull the kids out of there because they were glued to screens.

Thanks for this info. We found the kids club on our DCL Cruise last week to be the same - all DS did was play on iPads! We assume this is because we don’t have cable tv at home and we really imitnscreen time so it was a big draw for him. But it does seem like over the years they have removed actual tangible toys and replaced them with screens.

I’m hoping the outdoor play area will appeal to DS at aulani.

I hadn't gotten activity confirmation for our early April trip, so I emailed a few days ago. I got a response today saying that they didn't have their April complimentary activities schedule available yet and to sign her up each morning. Just a heads up to those expecting to be able to pre-select some activities.

I hadn't gotten activity confirmation for our early April trip, so I emailed a few days ago. I got a response today saying that they didn't have their April complimentary activities schedule available yet and to sign her up each morning. Just a heads up to those expecting to be able to pre-select some activities.

Wow - that is a big change and really impacts the likelihood of us using Auntie’s. I’m not starting my days standing in line for 30+ minutes at 6:30am...that is the polar opposite of a relaxing vacation.

Did the email indicate that this was a permanent change in procedure?

Hmm. This is not good. I registered last week and still no email. We're going in March. I'll email them next month. Signing up each morning would suck. I understand they may not want to do 3 months out. But it should at least be a couple days out and not the day of.

Wow - that is a big change and really impacts the likelihood of us using Auntie’s. I’m not starting my days standing in line for 30+ minutes at 6:30am...that is the polar opposite of a relaxing vacation.

Did the email indicate that this was a permanent change in procedure?

Hmm. This is not good. I registered last week and still no email. We're going in March. I'll email them next month. Signing up each morning would suck. I understand they may not want to do 3 months out. But it should at least be a couple days out and not the day of.

I responded to their email and basically asked if this meant that I would be unable to pre-register for any complimentary activities and got the following response:

"Thank you for your email and your continue interest in Aunty's Beach House. As we re-evaluate our programming offerings for Aunty's Beach House, all of our complimentary programs are unavailable."

This was followed by a list of premium experiences because I asked for a schedule.

It looks like complimentary programs may be done for.

Aunty’s complementary activities were part of our decision to stay at Aulani next summer. I hope that they will have some by then!

Aunty’s complementary activities were part of our decision to stay at Aulani next summer. I hope that they will have some by then!

I will be calling Aulani tomorrow (and maybe DVC member services) to provide feedback. I also factored in Aunty’s when making our plans.

Oh nooooooooo. I prefer to have the activities instead of the kids sitting in front of TV or play video game the whole day. :(

I too wonder what they would even be re-vamping. Are people complaining that the free activities haven't changed, so repeat visitors want something new? Frankly, they need to expand the facilities if they're going to be revamping it - move toward the DCL kids' clubs type of idea that has 2 separate spaces. They could have walk-ins on one side and pre-registered activities on the other. Pre-registration made it so much more pleasant, but it still wasn't as easy and seamless as DCL is in comparison.

We are going to Aulani (and Hawaii) in February for the first time and are super-excited. I completed the preregistration for my kids for Aunty's in the first week of January, but didn't get confirmation of that they were registered in their preferred activities (Stitches Space Goo, Aunty's Aloha Party, and the Keiki Hula) until yesterday. Perhaps they don't finalize the activity schedule until a month prior? Hope this helps.

I just got my email about pre-registration, and I'm sharing below:

Thank you for your interest in Aunty’s Beach House and taking the time to pre-register. This is to confirm your registration has been received. Since you already submitted your pre-registration on-line, the rest is easy. You can purchase a commemorative Aunty’s Beach House Keiki Band upon completion of the check in process. In order to complete your online registration, please visit us at Aunty’s Beach House to verify your child’s information.

Please note that at this time our April complimentary program schedule for Aunty’s Beach House is unavailable as we re-evaluate our programming offerings. Please feel free to call our reservations team at (808) 674-6943 if you are interested in booking a Premium Experience during your upcoming stay.

We invite you to stop by Aunty’s Beach House first thing in the morning to see if we have space available for the day’s program. Children are always welcome to stop by and enjoy the magic for our Theme Day Activities, Sunday- Friday. Theme Day Activities do not require a sign up, but are on a space available basis. Free play is offered from 9:30a.m.-9:00p.m daily. Be sure to pick up a Daily ‘Iwa for the most up to date offerings at Aunty’s Beach House and for families throughout the resort. We look forward to meeting you and your family.
If we get to Aulani and discover that the free activities are now premium activities, I might have to encourage my kid to drop a deuce in the pool.

I'm trying to understand what the new rules are. So I pre-register online with all my child's info (sounds like 30 days out). Once checked in, I go there to complete the registration & pick up wristband. Kids can go in any time from 9-9 pm to roam around and play games..etc. Am I understand this correctly?

Theme Day activities (I assume they're like Space Goo at 3pm) don't require sign up but space limited, so what am I supposed to do? Go in the morning to put our name on wait list? Or go line up at 3 pm and hope for the best?

This can create even more chaos at the desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter