Autograph Books - How old is too old?

I'm 47 and DH is 44 (no children either) - we do it, and do a mask at Epcot. Sorry, but
we consider it all a part of the experience. We queue to have pics with characters too (got over 400 photopass in September) You're NEVER too young to do anything at Disney (although you may be too short!!!)

OP again! Thanks for all the responses, guys! :goodvibes

I just go back from Disneyland today, and I did end up getting autographs. I'm really glad I did end up doing it, it was fun. My family, the ones who shot me down in the first place, actually had fun getting autographs with me too. :rotfl: I was nervous at first, but it was completely worth it.

The only reason i got an autograph book the last time i went was because i was eating breakfast with Stitch. Stitch is my favorite character ever (the name says it all) and im 14. But honestly, Disney is supposed to bring you back to childhood memories. So, i dont think theres an age limit for autograph books. :) I hope you had/ or you will have a grwat trip!

im 14 (15 next month) and i still do autographs. i've gotten an autograph book every single trip. you're never to old to getr them. part of being at disney is the ability to act like a 5 year old again and you wouldn't look like a total idiot. thats why so many people love it :). glad u had fun

Hahaha. I do that too, except at World Showcase over at Epcot! I'll make my own mask and get it stamped at every country. Its an awesome souvenire. I'm always the oldest at the table too. It doesn't bother me.

hahaha i do that too ^_^ i even still sit in those mini chairs in the hotel lobby and color lol. at POFQ there was this corkboard where u could hang up ur pics, so i colored a bunch and hung them up. there was this little kid who came up to me and was like "arent you too old to color with little kids like me?" and i was like "sweetie, your never too old." lol she just walked away like 'wth' lol it was funny.

Go for it! Disney is for everyone. I'm the only one in the family that wanted to get pictures with the characters on our last trip and I'm going it again on our next trip!

I don't do autographs just because I don't really want them, but I totally stand in line for pictures!

I don't think that ANY age is too old to have an autograph book. I haven't had one the last couple of times because I've been there a many times, but I don't think you're ever TOO old to get autographs from characters! I quite enjoy meeting them - I'm 17 - and would get autographs too, if I didn't already have 3 autograph books! :P

But no, don't let your family put ya down. Get an autograph book if you want to! I have adult friends who get autographs from characters!

Have fun, because at Disney, everyone is a little kid at heart!

I say your never too old. Disney is the place that allows adults to be kids and kids to be even younger kids. I remember my last trip there in august of 2009, I was with stitch and was talking to him and he started pointing at my pins thinking I liked lilo more than him and he got upset at lilo, I then explained most my pins were back at the hotel and they were mostly stitch...lol. he then went to steal a toy from Lilo. I made sure I got a picture with him.

So your not even too old to even talk and interact with the characters.

In my opinion, there's no age limit for autographs :)

Last trip my 12 (then 11) year old cousin and I (19, then 18 years old) spent an entire day in the Magic Kingdom just getting autographs, it was a fun experience that I will treasure forever and we got awesome autographs and pictures.

Hey everyone. :goodvibes

My family is leaving for Disneyland Monday morning, which I'm super happy about. When discussing with my parents about the things we're excited for, I mentioned getting an autograph book so I could get the character's signatures... and was greeted with strange looks from my family. Apparently I'm too old for that sort of thing at thirteen. :laughing: So I was wondering how other teens felt about it. Personally I feel you can be any age and get autographs. They're good memoirs even for adults!

How about you guys? :)

You're 13?! You're not too old for autographs! I'm 15 and love getting autographs from my favorite characters! I have 3 autograph books from 2006,2007,& 2010 8D & Hopefully one for this year!

Hey everyone. :goodvibes

My family is leaving for Disneyland Monday morning, which I'm super happy about. When discussing with my parents about the things we're excited for, I mentioned getting an autograph book so I could get the character's signatures... and was greeted with strange looks from my family. Apparently I'm too old for that sort of thing at thirteen. :laughing: So I was wondering how other teens felt about it. Personally I feel you can be any age and get autographs. They're good memoirs even for adults!

How about you guys? :)
I am in the same boat. I'm thirteen and my family is taking my 15 year old sister and I to disney for the first time. I was told instantly by my mom and sister that I was way to old. I actually found these forms while looking for an argument, and what worked for me was discussing that I thought getting aughtographs was just part of the disney experience, and I agreed that we only would go to characters of there wasn't too much of a line. Maybe if you just tell them that you want to be able to experience the whole thing and just be a kid for a week or two, they could think it over. Thanks!

I'm 19 and I still take mine, now I'm not standing in line to meet every character, but we've had it since our first trip and my mom wants to fill it up and we do character meals and we have it. You're never too old to take it, but it's your preference how extensively you want to use it

Get the signatures! I was never really into it (because I needed to ride ALL THE THINGS), but any age should be able to enjoy themselves at Disney! Signatures from your favorite character make great souveniers, too!

The next time I go will be in 2017 for when I graduate High School and I will be 18 years old. I plan on getting an autograph book.

I am 13 and will be 14 in July. I am definitely not too old and plan on getting characters autographs for many years. I plan on taking my own kids when I have them with there autograph books and I will have one too. :)

The last time I was at WDW was August 2014 and I was 16 years old. I had my trusty little autograph book and pen with me when I went into the Magic Kingdom.

Even though you already have your answers I'll add my encouragement for next time. I'm 46 and will always take my autograph books with me!! Part of Disney is never growing up and enjoying what makes you happy! Glad you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!