Availability Chart

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about trying to put together a chart for all room types (at WDW only) at the 11 month and 7 month mark. I am thinking about doing it twice a month on the 1st and 16th. What day do you check in? Check out? If it gets to be to time consuming I could always scrap it.

What day do you check in? Check out? If it gets to be to time consuming I could always scrap it.
I think the check in/out days will vary. You might find people who need to travel Sat - Sat, but then you will find those who want the lower points so will check in Sunday and check out Friday. Or we typically find lower priced flights on Tuesday.

I have been keeping some tracking of the 7 month availability for my own curiosity/planning needs. Usually I try to look at 8am, but work wise not always able to. I look at all resorts for a 7 day period. I figure personally 7 days would be the longest I would stay but if i wanted to book a 5 or 6 day trip i could do that too. I check availability every few days with no set pattern. It takes a matter of 5 minutes to view all the resorts. What could take time would be to formulate into a spreadsheet. I am just tracking on paper and have not taken it another step.

There are some patterns at certain resorts that i am seeing, such as with no surprise - studios are typically booked up as they are the cheapest room at any resort. BC usually is limited to 1BR and your OKW, SSR, AKV have tons of availability. Generally there are 1 or 2 BR available. I am not looking at the bungalows, cabins or 3BR as I will likely never have enough points.

I haven't figured out an easy way to put in a visual spreadsheet yet. I do recall the other members spreadsheet which gave full availability to spotty or no availability. I only started tracking this month so i don't have a ton of data to put together.

What day do you check in? Check out?
We often check-in on Thursdays ... for a long weekend; departing on either Sun or Monday. That said, we are all over the board. We rarely do Fri/Fri or Sat/Sat or Sun/Sun unless we are booking as an exchange through RCI/II. Reservations booked on our own points typically ~3 to 4 nights either mid week or a long weekend.

Sometimes we check in on Sunday, sometimes on Monday, sometimes on Wednesday. It just depends. We might be there for five nights, four nights or three nights.

When we were constrained by work and school schedules, we usually traveled Saturday to Saturday (giving us Sunday as a vacation day from our vacation! :P). Now that we're retired empty nesters, as Deb says above, it just depends! :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter