Azziefan

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,
I’ve booked a stay at DVC Kidani at Animal Kingdom Lodge for Christmas Eve for 7 days. I have a few fast pass questions... I’ve heard rumors that I need to do fast passes for flights of passage and the millennium Falcon Ride My last two days.. is this true? Based on the dinning in planning... id like to do animal kingdom my second to last day and Hollywood studios my last day.. is it possible to get fast passes for those two rides in this orders? My friend is a travel agent and she insists I can only get avatar if I book my last day.. advice and tips is appreciated! Not sure where to post this

The later in your trip you try to get FPs for these two rides, the better your chances. But they can appear earlier. Just keep checking MDE.
This link is also useful. It is worth checking the link the morning before your FP window opens so that you have realistic knowledge of what may be available. When your FP window opens, search for those two rides first.
Good luck!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

The later in your trip you try to get FPs for these two rides, the better your chances. But they can appear earlier. Just keep checking MDE.
This link is also useful. It is worth checking the link the morning before your FP window opens so that you have realistic knowledge of what may be available. When your FP window opens, search for those two rides first.
Good luck!
Correct! During Xmas week is may be near impossible but good luck! In my personal experience, if I can’t get FOP 60 days out, I have better luck the day of.

What if I wake up at the minute I can do it at 60 days out? No chance? That just doesn’t seem possible. What’s harder to get the Falcon in Hollywood or FOP

Correct! During Xmas week is may be near impossible but good luck! In my personal experience, if I can’t get FOP 60 days out, I have better luck the day of.

Which would u say is more difficult to get,
Good luck!

I would say go for FOP first and then MFSR, because if you cant get the latter you can RD it and get a BG for ROfR at the same time.
I just looked now for my trip starting 1 July and MFSR and FOP are available on 3 and 4 July, so that is why I suggest that even if you don’t initially get FPs for them, keep looking.

What if I wake up at the minute I can do it at 60 days out? No chance? That just doesn’t seem possible. What’s harder to get the Falcon in Hollywood or FOP
The issue is that people who booked an 8 day trip 7 days ahead of you already snatched up many of the fast passes.

which is why booking the fast pass towards the end of your trip is typically more successful.

Are you by any chance staying Club Level? If so you may be able to pay extra to book 3 additional FPs and have them reserved for you at 90 days.

FOP will be your toughest FP. Try getting anytime and adjust your visits accordingly. It can run 3+ hour waits. MFSR typically you can do standby and get multiple times at end of day with less than an hour wait. The biggie is getting RoTR. We have always been able to get FOP on multiple days but Xmas is a different story with this year being different.

Going Christmas week, after so many people have had to reschedule their vacations this year, with the limited FP availability we've been seeing, I don't think you can assume that FOP will be available at any point during your stay, especially since you aren't arriving until 12/24, and many people will be arriving earlier in Christmas week and staying through new years. The best chance will be on the last day, but really, things have been looking pretty grim. If you have a strong preference for a different order, just do that--I doubt one day will make a difference when that one day is a choice between 12/30 and 12/31.

I have a plan to go in mid July. I had no FOP available on my 60+4. However I’ve religiously checked a handful of times each day and have managed to get a party of 3 and a party of 2. (We’re a party of 5)
So things can pop up if you don’t succeed at first

Hollywood studios is tough to get tier 1 FPs for... our first plan was to rope drop MFSR. We got there so early to get boarding passes along with ten thousand other people that had the same idea.. the other half of the crowd went to SDDand MMRR

we decided to rope drop an old ride to get right on.
We went back to the room at lunch returning at 3:30 a lot of the crowds thinned out a lot and it was easier to get on MFSR.
We were there March 10th. And it was super busy due to spring break

FOP will be your toughest FP. Try getting anytime and adjust your visits accordingly. It can run 3+ hour waits. MFSR typically you can do standby and get multiple times at end of day with less than an hour wait. The biggie is getting RoTR. We have always been able to get FOP on multiple days but Xmas is a different story with this year being different.
My dad and sister did MFSM in 30 minutes in single rider first week of March. Much lower crowds than Christmas, but if you are willing to go single rider, that one can be quick.

Going Christmas week, after so many people have had to reschedule their vacations this year, with the limited FP availability we've been seeing, I don't think you can assume that FOP will be available at any point during your stay, especially since you aren't arriving until 12/24, and many people will be arriving earlier in Christmas week and staying through new years. The best chance will be on the last day, but really, things have been looking pretty grim. If you have a strong preference for a different order, just do that--I doubt one day will make a difference when that one day is a choice between 12/30 and 12/31.
Can I ask why you would say things are looking grim? Have you had access to see how quickly fast passes are going or something? I just don’t see how we can assume their will be limited fast passes availability during Christmas still? I know Christmas is packed, but why do we assume the capacity and limitations for corona will be that intense by December? I feel like if fast passes are gone it’s bc of Christmas. If Disney announces they’re opening tomorrow for July 1.. they will be able to have normal capacity by December 1 unless trump and Desantis shut the state and or country down and both said they wouldn’t again.

Can I ask why you would say things are looking grim? Have you had access to see how quickly fast passes are going or something? I just don’t see how we can assume their will be limited fast passes availability during Christmas still? I know Christmas is packed, but why do we assume the capacity and limitations for corona will be that intense by December? I feel like if fast passes are gone it’s bc of Christmas. If Disney announces they’re opening tomorrow for July 1.. they will be able to have normal capacity by December 1 unless trump and Desantis shut the state and or country down and both said they wouldn’t again.

Of course we don't know exactly how things will look at Christmas this year. However, I think it's wise to plan for it to be very busy with limited FP availability on headliners. That's how it always is. You say you are staying for 7 days.
Do you have a 7 day ticket? If so, you can probably get FoP on the last day. FoP is BY FAR the most popular FP at AK and goes super fast. If you have a 5 day ticket, it could very well be that FoP is not available at all, even on day 5.
Same thing for MFSR. You should be able to get it for day 6, but if it's day 5 or 4, it's going to be harder. I do think MMRR and SDD may be more popular, so MFSR will be easier to get than FoP.

So, YES, your TA is correct that you should put AK on your last day and HS the 2nd to last day if you want a chance at FoP and MFSR. When your FP day comes, get on right at 7AM and book FoP on last day first, MFSR and 2nd to last day next, then fill in the rest. DON'T start on day one and go from there.

Of course we don't know exactly how things will look at Christmas this year. However, I think it's wise to plan for it to be very busy with limited FP availability on headliners. That's how it always is. You say you are staying for 7 days.
Do you have a 7 day ticket? If so, you can probably get FoP on the last day. FoP is BY FAR the most popular FP at AK and goes super fast. If you have a 5 day ticket, it could very well be that FoP is not available at all, even on day 5.
Same thing for MFSR. You should be able to get it for day 6, but if it's day 5 or 4, it's going to be harder. I do think MMRR and SDD may be more popular, so MFSR will be easier to get than FoP.

So, YES, your TA is correct that you should put AK on your last day and HS the 2nd to last day if you want a chance at FoP and MFSR. When your FP day comes, get on right at 7AM and book FoP on last day first, MFSR and 2nd to last day next, then fill in the rest. DON'T start on day one and go from there.
Thank u!

You can definitely assume fp's will be limited - it's not just an assumption or a possibility, it's a sure thing. From your questions, I'm wondering if this is your first time staying onsite and booking fp's at 60 days out? Even during non-busy times of year, the headliners can be hard to get at 60+6 or 7. At busy times of year, some of them are gone at 60 + 9 or 10, meaning people who have 10 day trips will get those fp's before you are able to book.

It has been noted that fp's for this July are VERY limited and resort guests are having trouble finding anything good, which leads us to believe that Disney is limiting fp's even more than usual in anticipation of reduced ride capacity due to COVID. Extrapolating out, we can assume the same will be true in December. Disney is going to have reduced capacity for at least 6 months to a year, there's just no way they'll be at full capacity by December.

So, even what's happened in Christmases past are going to pale in comparison to this Christmas. It's better to go into this expecting that there's a good chance you won't get fp's for those headliners when you book 60 days out. If you do get them, it will be a happy surprise. :)

I’ve caftakl
You can definitely assume fp's will be limited - it's not just an assumption or a possibility, it's a sure thing. From your questions, I'm wondering if this is your first time staying onsite and booking fp's at 60 days out? Even during non-busy times of year, the headliners can be hard to get at 60+6 or 7. At busy times of year, some of them are gone at 60 + 9 or 10, meaning people who have 10 day trips will get those fp's before you are able to book.

It has been noted that fp's for this July are VERY limited and resort guests are having trouble finding anything good, which leads us to believe that Disney is limiting fp's even more than usual in anticipation of reduced ride capacity due to COVID. Extrapolating out, we can assume the same will be true in December. Disney is going to have reduced capacity for at least 6 months to a year, there's just no way they'll be at full capacity by December.

So, even what's happened in Christmases past are going to pale in comparison to this Christmas. It's better to go into this expecting that there's a good chance you won't get fp's for those headliners when you book 60 days out. If you do get them, it will be a happy surprise. :)

Actually, I’m 24 but I’ve been to Disney world world 18 times. I’ve done FOP before. I took one year off for my wedding, and I’m taking my parents and brother And his wife this year so my party is slightly larger. I’ve never had issues getting the top tier rides I want. Ive booked avatar twice. Ive performed in the candle light processional even. I’ve been on Christmas season just not Christmas Eve. I’ve never stayed off site. Your reasoning just seems very strange bc you say things are “grim”... I don’t think things will be grim by Christmas. If fast passes are sold out it’s because it’s crowded not because things are “grim.” It’s your reasoning that seemed very strange to me. I’ve also read that this years Christmas bookings are no different than years past; I have a friend who is a manager at Disney springs and he said Disney is concerned by how many people have cancelled their Christmas 2020 trip! And yes he is a reliable source everything he has told me about corona impacted Disney has been correct. Many people are afraid to travel until 2021, and it’s also been reported by various Disney bloggers that this Christmas has not been severely impacted by the closure as of now. Sure- I may not get it bc it’s so in demand at Christmas every year and I have a party of 6... but I’m not going to blame it on things being grim. I actually got every fast pass I want for my late July trip, and now I see your point you think capacity will be limited by December- I 100% disagree. Disney is not going to have limited capacity by December. People will forget all about the corona virus by the election. I think it’s funny that any people think that. I would be willing to bet an entire years salary that Disney will be full capacity by Christmas. I’m well aware fast passes are limited for July but I got everything I wanted, I figured this was a good place to ask about Christmas Eve since it is the Disboards. I knew there was a chance FoP would be hard to get that time of year- but I came on here for tips not to be told my vacation is looking “grim” supporter by zero facts lol

I also have to ask- is it super hard getting fast passes for a family of 6 kids in addition to two parents?

I’ve caftakl

Actually, I’m 24 but I’ve been to Disney world world 18 times. I’ve done FOP before. I took one year off for my wedding, and I’m taking my parents and brother And his wife this year so my party is slightly larger. I’ve never had issues getting the top tier rides I want. Ive booked avatar twice. Ive performed in the candle light processional even. I’ve been on Christmas season just not Christmas Eve. I’ve never stayed off site. Your reasoning just seems very strange bc you say things are “grim”... I don’t think things will be grim by Christmas. If fast passes are sold out it’s because it’s crowded not because things are “grim.” It’s your reasoning that seemed very strange to me. I’ve also read that this years Christmas bookings are no different than years past; I have a friend who is a manager at Disney springs and he said Disney is concerned by how many people have cancelled their Christmas 2020 trip! And yes he is a reliable source everything he has told me about corona impacted Disney has been correct. Many people are afraid to travel until 2021, and it’s also been reported by various Disney bloggers that this Christmas has not been severely impacted by the closure as of now. Sure- I may not get it bc it’s so in demand at Christmas every year and I have a party of 6... but I’m not going to blame it on things being grim. I actually got every fast pass I want for my late July trip, and now I see your point you think capacity will be limited by December- I 100% disagree. Disney is not going to have limited capacity by December. People will forget all about the corona virus by the election. I think it’s funny that any people think that. I would be willing to bet an entire years salary that Disney will be full capacity by Christmas. I’m well aware fast passes are limited for July but I got everything I wanted, I figured this was a good place to ask about Christmas Eve since it is the Disboards. I knew there was a chance FoP would be hard to get that time of year- but I came on here for tips not to be told my vacation is looking “grim” supporter by zero facts lol

I also have to ask- is it super hard getting fast passes for a family of 6 kids in addition to two parents?
I'd love to take your bet about things operating at full capacity by December, but I'm not one to gamble, lol.

If you check, I actually wasn't the one who said things were looking grim. That was a different poster, so a bit of misdirected anger towards me, I think ? My post was simply agreeing with and supporting the many posters on this thread who think your TA was correct in telling you to plan your animal kingdom and HS days for the very the last days of your trip if there is any hope of getting a fp for those 2 rides. We are trying to give our honest advice and help in order to help you with planning, which is what these boards are all about. :)

And I'm not sure if you were trying to take a swipe at my large family or not, but yes it's hard to get fp's for 6 kids and 2 parents. I never planned to have 6 children, but 4 of my kids were adopted out of the foster care system and I am very thankful and grateful to be called their mom. They have found Disney World to be an incredibly special, healing place.

Disney is not going to have limited capacity by December. People will forget all about the corona virus by the election. I think it’s funny that any people think that. I would be willing to bet an entire years salary that Disney will be full capacity by Christmas. I’m well aware fast passes are limited for July but I got everything I wanted, I figured this was a good place to ask about Christmas Eve since it is the Disboards. I knew there was a chance FoP would be hard to get that time of year- but I came on here for tips not to be told my vacation is looking “grim” supporter by zero facts lol

I'm the "grim" poster. I agree I have "zero facts." So do you--Disney has not released its plans for December and won't for a while. I don't think "everyone will have forgotten" about a the pandemic by November--not when a hundred thousand people have died in the U.S., but I think that's beside the point.

You were asking if you could get FP on day 6 of your trip between Christmas and New Years. I pointed out that was unlikely under normal circumstances because you will behind the very large number of people who arrive earlier that you in Christmas week. For example, when I visited Christmas week, I arrived on December 20, and I was still unable to get FOP for my entire trip for a party of three--that was a couple years ago. I also noted that with the limits on FP we've been seeing, if any restrictions continue, the outlook is even worse, and that seems to offend you for some reason. But the rest of my advice also holds true.

The good thing for me is, if I'm wrong, that'll be fantastic because it will mean we have miraculously recovered as a country from one of the darkest times in our history. If you're wrong, I hope you'll learn a little humility and not snap and belittle people who don't share your relentless optimism that everything will be sunshine and daisies in 6 months. Good luck with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!