Watching the movie will help explain some of what she sees in Pandora. But if she doesn’t like the movie, tell her that’s not at all important. Pandora can stand on its own! (BTW the land is set to be about 30 years after the movie takes place.)

You can also watch Avatar on the TV in your Villa at Disney.
Is this still the case? I know they were playing it for a while as the land opened in May 2017. But by the time we visited in July, it seemed they had stopped.

I had never watched the movie before I went, loved Pandora. I have since watched the movie, the land makes a lot more sense. Can’t wait to go back now!

Really no need to watch it. Did you watch song of the south before you rode splash mountain? Have fun on your trip

I never considered how many rides actually have spoilers of some sort for their respective IPs.

Frozen, Little mermaid, and others that mostly retell the original story. These rides basically assume you've seen the movie, in order to mentally fill in the story gaps between ride scenes.

Actually, the Pandora rides are spoilers too, if you understand that they take place years after the movie plot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!